1991 Lincoln cent error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by kayceebee17, Apr 25, 2017.

1. kayceebee17

kayceebee17 New Member

Has anyone ever seen this error? I've never found anything like it. 20170425_211255-1.jpg

Coinman1974 and Fernalda like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The plating bubble next to the 1 in the date? That's not an error.

Coinman1974 likes this.
  4. kayceebee17

kayceebee17 New Member

That's what that is? I always thought it was an extra 1. Probably why I never found another one

Coinman1974 likes this.
  5. Fernalda

Fernalda New Member

Very cool find! I would hang onto it anyway, but I collect pennies most people would throw away. :happy:

Coinman1974 likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sorry.. Not an extra 1
    Looks like it but your Cent is a Copper Plated Zinc Cent and they have these type of plating issues. Called Plating Blisters, Linier Blisters or as stated a simple Bubble

Coinman1974 likes this.
  7. Coinman1974

Coinman1974 Research, Research, Research

8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

It's hard to say from the picture what exactly is going on there. It looks awfully linear to be a plating bubble, but I don't know. This kind of stuff isn't my usual thing.

Then again, there are linear plating blisters, as I just discovered, so... yeah. I guess that's what it could be.

In any event, it's likely not gonna be something worth much of a premium, but it's cool, because it does look like an extra "1", in a way.

Fun find.

PS- note that the anomaly seems to run parallel to the other striations on the surface of the coin. This does seem to confirm it as a linear plating blister.

Huh. I just learned something here. Cool.

Coinman1974 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted