1991 D lincoln cent Master hub coin

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jewels2017, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Jewels2017

Jewels2017 Active Member

Hmmm . Now was that supposed to be a slick comment bookb4coins . Because If you pay careful attention to the discussion that we're having the first thing that I stated in my post is that I'm no expert on this subject so you might want to play catch up a little friend .

Tyler Graton likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Its good to keep an open mind about things like this. But it is also good to do research. You should because I have been steering in the wrong direction a lot with this subject. I learn as I go I guess lol but you should listen to book/jay/idhair before you ever listen to me.

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I agree. Much of this is caused by those that post false information as being fact. It's not a good thing. That same false information gets passed along.

5. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

I've got a couple extra late '90's and/or early 2000's proofs I got in lots in which I cherrypicked a couple 1999-S proofs with business strike reverse. If you want a couple PM me your address and I'll send you some.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  6. Tyler Graton

No one gave me false information, I didn't give false information, I gave my opinion on what it looked like. Lol. I mean god forbid you don't know everything before you start collecting lol. Why would i start the basics on something I never collect? Not everyone likes proof so why would I study on something i don't like/don't collect.

7. Jewels2017

Jewels2017 Active Member

Yes Taylor G. it's always a good thing to keep a opened mind my friend ... But you don't have to put yourself at the bottom of the totem pole either because all any of us are actually doing is trying to make an educated " guess " anyway . And It's not that serious . Infact like I stated before from the looks of this coin it does have a proof like press and there are actually other coins out there that wasnt intended to be on the wrong planchet either and yet somehow they are and so you see I might not be and I qoute " chasing rainbow " I might just be keeping an open mind like we all should since no really knows or really can say why the coin in question has such a Bold clean strike like it does .

8. jay4202472000

:singing:

Here we go again on our own. Walking down the only road we've ever known. Like drifters we were born to walk alone.

:singing:

Please go look at some early die state coins

Tyler Graton likes this.
  9. Tyler Graton

lol

10. Jewels2017

Jewels2017 Active Member

Oh and I will certainly Pm you for some of those proof reverse coins . If I can just figure out what the heck PM is ... Because to be honest I'm not coin expert and I still one finger type . Lol

jay4202472000 likes this.
  11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

So.... you claim not to be an "expert", but also like to tell us of how much "research" you've supposedly done, and how important researching/studying supposedly is to you? See, I have "infact" paid "careful attention", and because of it can confidently state that, unfortunately, you can't have it both ways. This is particularly true when regarding something so relatively simple, and all evidence suggests you've done nothing of the sort. Great deflecting job, though, "little" buddy!

There was nothing "slick" about comment. Perhaps, if you actually took the time to do as you have repeatedly claimed instead of pretending, or imagining every other coin you show is somehow super special, you'd understand why this is. It's funny how so many others seem to get it, but you? Nah.... Apparently it's easier to post the same coins to numerous different threads hoping that, sooner or later, someone tell you what you want to hear.

You may not like what some of us have told you, but unlike certain others on this board, most have simply been trying to help. Take as you will and help us help you, or keep up the nonsense and see how far you get.

12. BooksB4Coins

Did you notice how Jay was quoting Tyler? This wasn't a coincidence, but was because we was offering the coins to him.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  13. jay4202472000

Yeah, that ain't happening. But seriously, look at the difference between the crispness from stage A (early die state) to Stage H (very late die state) on 1972P-DDO-003. Early die state coins are awesome in my opinion.

http://varietyvista.com/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/1972PDDO003.htm

14. BooksB4Coins

While I cannot directly speak to the gentleman's intentions, I do believe his statement was a general (and very true) observation as opposed to being directed solely at you. Lots of crap gets spewed on this forum every day, and I'm sure you've been here long enough to see how some will simply repeat what they've heard from others, acting as if they've known it all along. Rinse and repeat enough, and before you know it there's a big problem.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Jewels, there are several assumptions in your description with which I must disagree.

(red) All of that spacing of words and date is How the mint intends to strike them, and its only after millions do the letter, etc. tend to spread towards the edge of the coin and begin to become thicker and distorted, die deterioration ( damage). The mint makes Business strike coin for commerce, if a few bubbles are there , or cracks from a die, which are still worth their value, but it isn't an error or mistake.( violet) The coin is not badly worn enough nor 'dirty ' enough to cause that. ( green) If you look at the rims with a real proof next to it , you will see that the edge is rounded ( chamfered) so it can feed into machines if needed without jamming).

And the obvious one, some have claimed their coin is "this or that" when people who have been in this for a long time and know how the coining process actually occurs ~ know they are more correct..

We know we can't change minds, but you have had several people on here tell you info , which you ignore because it doesn't feel right, and Books is right, if you keep posting on it, some one ( we have rascals around) who will give you a good but false agreement. No offense is intended by the members, so if you still disagree, you can send it to be certified and if you bring it back saying you were right, There will be crow on the table. Jim

Oldhoopster likes this.
  16. Tyler Graton

Believe me books I have respect for you and how you carry yourself here. You are a gentleman, and I envy you. I just have my opinion on things. Some of them aren't the greatest but please know that I mean no harm. It's just how I feel. And thanks for all your help you have given me!!

17. Tyler Graton

I think he should have the coins. I have got a lot of give always here. I don't want to take all the love here haha this is in fact his thread so I see why he may have gotten confused and maybe thought he was being quoted lol

18. Jewels2017

Jewels2017 Active Member

Hmmm . Well you certainly don't sound like the type who make slick comments booksb4coins . And yes I do like to do alot of research on different subjects which im sorry to say doesnt make me an expert on this subject . Infact I dont even think that i ever claimed to be an expert to began with and I don't see what doing research on the subject has anything to do with me being an expert . Lol . But anyway . Since you seem to be keeping up with all my post the reason that I do sometimes post coins in different threads is because sometimes there may be other humble and mature people who may have more knowledge on the subject then me and they may lack this huge ego that sometimes seem to come along with most coin experts . And speaking on coin experts . Can we please tone it down a little bit it's not that serious . Thanks

19. Tyler Graton

IMG_2214.JPG ........... IMG_2213.JPG

20. Swan

Swan A millon dollars short of being a millionaire

OP. Read this article on how dies are made. After I read this I had a much better understanding of coin production as well as what could or could not cause an error.
    http://www.doubleddie.com/58201.html

21. BooksB4Coins

Apparently it went over your head, but the entire point was that for someone who claims to be so fond of research, you're dwelling on the easily disproved, and to be blunt, rather ridiculous as well. Seriously, please go back and re-read (your) post #18 and at least try to see the problem here. A very basic familiarity with the minting process would be sufficient to remove a number of your "questions" from further consideration, yet you seemingly would prefer to argue nonsense instead of helping us to help you. Does this really make sense or benefit anyone, yourself included?

Perhaps some day you'll realize that for a great majority of participants, this isn't a free hobby, but is one that can cost a substantial amount of money depending on an individual's means. Unfortunately, it is also a hobby where many assume money is easily made, yet the sad reality is the exact opposite is true, and for this reason alone it is worthy of being taken seriously. What may not matter to you very well may to the next guy reading this, and is what I believe @ldhair was getting at earlier in the thread. This hobby as a whole would be much larger, and much more healthy, if it wasn't for the appalling amount of misinformation out there that has caused many to leave in disgust. While we may not be able to do anything about it elsewhere, I'd like to think this forum a refuge for those hoping to escape the nonsense. Respect begets respect, dear sir.

jay4202472000 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted