1990 penny with no "s" under date

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by PennyPincher420, May 6, 2016.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

BTW, for the OP, the black looking background areas that show up in photos of proof coins are actually mirror fields that you can see your reflection in, but that photograph as black. If you can see yourself in the coin, share a picture of it with us. A cell phone or printer scan can get us started.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Just to add to or help clarify the fine point, attached is another proof photo (rendering) courtesy of PCGS showing the mirrored fields.

Coin09o600px.jpg

Kentucky likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Correct, and Larry's post was 1 minute before that. Why didn't the OP respond? Did anyone stop to think that he didn't respond because he was just trying to stir up things?

Chris

5. BooksB4Coins

Yes, that's what I said... one minute, which isn't long enough to reasonably say that he indeed saw the post (imo, of course). With that said though, I'm not sure how the "last seen" thing works; is that the last time someone posted, refreshed/opened a page, etc, etc or when they signed out?

I'm almost always here on a mobile device, so when it's time to go, I simply close the browser instead of signing out. Depending on how it works, is it possible that someone could show as being online even though they're not? Either way though, we simply don't know if he saw ldhair's post, much less had time to processes it. That's all...

It's certainly possible he is/was just trying to stir things up, not due to anything he did but because you know as well as I do it sometimes happens with questions like this. As I said though, my earlier post wasn't meant to defend or condemn anyone.

6. cpm9ball

@BooksB4Coins

I realize you're not taking sides. I was just wondering if you could lend any insight to my questions. I still think the OP was just trolling because this same subject about the 1990 "No S" has come up several times of late.

Chris

7. BooksB4Coins

You're right, it has, but I'd like to think it's simply due to the fact that so many desperately want to find easy money. On the other hand, I also believe half this board is full of bs, so take as you will. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.... if he doesn't come back, even if only to say thank you, as far as I am concerned it will prove you right. If he does, well, good for him.

8. cpm9ball

If he does, then I will offer my apology if needed. It certainly won't be the first time!

Chris

9. BooksB4Coins

Haha... I know that feeling. But hey, what good with this place be without the few willing to call BS when they think they see it? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted