1990 No S Proof Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by dbeck22, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Bud1 Wilson

Bud1 Wilson Well-Known Member

Thanks Steve...Bud sure gets tired helping out.:happy: S20180306_0002.jpg

Oldhoopster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Give him a doggy treat each time he helps.

Steve

Oldhoopster likes this.
  4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

You should see if Bud is interested in Civil War Tokens (MA115E-1a)
    [​IMG]

(Pic from Steve Hayden's civilwartokens.com)

Stevearino and Bud1 Wilson like this.
  5. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Gloves? Does anybody actually wear gloves when handling coins? I'm asking because I never have.

6. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I know, right? But fortunately, for many of the coins pictured, it doesn't matter because fingerprints & dirt on an already worthless PMD coin...? :smug:

However, one should know when it does make a difference. Some are meant to be handled, fondled, like pocket pieces or ancient coins procured for that purpose. But collectable, dare I say "investment" coins should be handled delicately in regard to fingerprints, dings, etc. When in doubt, use gloves. And remember, "cleaning" ancient coins - generally OK; "cleaning" moderns - you better not admit to it on this site! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I do.

8. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Good scenario to use gloves: Breaking open bank or mint wrapped rolls, at least, anytime you think the roll contains new coins. Had to do this this past year for the '17-P and D cents. Although I was looking for customer wrapped rolls for the older mix, I got 4 rolls of Denvers that were straight from the Mint. And I definitely wore gloves.

Another good time to use the white, lightweight cotton gloves for coins is when you find a stash in a car. If you live near toll roads or bridges, a lot of folks keep coins in the door wells for easy use, but getting the coins out of the bottom of the door well can be tricky, and white gloves help extract them. That also helps avoid putting any further damage to the coins while you fish them out. I removed about 1000 coins from a car and truck in 2013...and I found pristine red cents back to 2003 and a ton of MS63 Jeffs, Rosies and Georges. I ended up keeping 50% of them...Spark

Stevearino likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

What people will go through for money. Listen, even if you stand on your head and say it upside-down, it's not a proof!

10. Bud1 Wilson

Real nice...Bud LIKES!
    S20180306_0002.jpg

11. Bud1 Wilson

He runs the program Steve...I am the helper, I do like doggy treats though.:shame:
    S20180409_0001.jpg <-BUD

12. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Scooby Snacks?

Bud1 Wilson likes this.
  13. Stevearino

As a child I used to steal Milk Bone biscuits from Daisy’s dish (next door neighbor’s dog) and eat them on a dare. Not bad, I must say.

Steve

Bud1 Wilson and PlanoSteve like this.
  14. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Now about these Tide Pods...

15. Stevearino

Nope, no Tide pods or condom sniffing for me. I’ve ingested some weird stuff but that was a long time ago. I just heard on NPR that one can get eyeball tacos in Chicago. I’m about to make myself some oatmeal; I have no desire to try some of the “food” on offer nowadays.

Steve

16. PlanoSteve

Yeah, & I still do it with my grandkids - they think it's hilarious! :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::eek::cool:

Bud1 Wilson and Stevearino like this.
  17. Stevearino

You’re my kind of guy (grand dad) @PlanoSteve. Must be something that comes with our name.

Steve

Bud1 Wilson and PlanoSteve like this.
  18. PlanoSteve

And I hate to admit it, but the dogs jerky......not bad!!! :D:D:D

Bud1 Wilson and Stevearino like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted