1990 lincoln cent error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Mike Cribbs, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Mike Cribbs

Mike Cribbs New Member

2020-02-16-14-43-51.jpg Good morning:
    I am relatively new to error coins and I have found enjoyment in searching for these coins.
    I have came across a 1990 cent that looked a little different than others that I have seen in the past.
    The area in question is at the crease of the mouth.
    I am thinking it might be grease filled but my knowledge is limited.
    I am attaching a photo, which I hope is clear enough that the are a of question can be seen with relative ease.
    Through my loop I can see an extra line next to the lip. The error runs down to the facing of the coin.
    If this is in fact an error can you advise which error type exactly and is it a type worth getting it graded.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

First of all, taking pictures of the entire coin (Front and back) can make it easier to find out what exactly is wrong with the coin. But closeups are good too. Second of all, this coin should not be sent in to be graded. If indeed it is a grease spot, then I’d just put it in a bag as a keepsake. Your coin probably isn’t worth much, so you can either spend it, or keep it just for the sake of it. It’s your call.

Mike Cribbs likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No nothing major.

And.. You send errors to have them not only graded but also attributed. That's an extra fee. Not worth it unless it is a major and eye appealing error.

Mike Cribbs likes this.
  5. Mike Cribbs

Mike Cribbs New Member

Thank you for the quick responses and valuable info regarding grading.

Draft saved Draft deleted