1990 D Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by PamR, May 3, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

Well, we probably have some psysics that can explain that. But I don't know what it is.

4. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

I sign on today, and some ask what is going on? Somehow I got the blame for this. I responded to him or her just stating it felt real, etc. I do understand this is a long time site. Fred Weinberg suggested this site after The Mint suggested him.
    I will find a moderator or whomever to remove me from this site. I did not curse anyone, etc. And I do not know all the terminology but many new people come on and one time it was an actual fake coin and many wrote paragraphs on it.
    So please suggest whom I contact or better yet I will find it myself. I do thank the ones that have been very kind and polite. Morgan you judged two comments of me saying watch who you trust on eBay and this poor little quarter 1990 that I have brought to someone in Baton Rouge. Some think it’s ugly and some collectors like it. It’s a toned 1990 D quarter with damage, yes!

5. PamR

No worries!

6. PamR

4EF44029-014B-4131-8692-F7F077D0D8AE.jpeg
    Yes I did delete it! My first post here was a plated penny. Learned from there.
    There you go! Posted it back so, etc.
    52A8AACE-A85B-466F-9945-EFD53104B26F.jpeg

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

8. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

You are too thin-skinned for this site. You misunderstood my comment. I was saying that a lot of people come here, and expect everybody to rave about their coins. Well, this is a serious numismatic site. People criticize the COINS, not the people. If you are going to collect coins, and ask people’s opinions about them, expect some criticism you may like, and some that you do not like.

eddiespin likes this.
  9. PamR

I think the coins I have posted in the past are very decent coins. My first coin I ever posted was a dipped penny and they surely told me. I replied to cpl. If you would have commented on the coin, no big deal and he or she could have responded back. You chose to interfere. If I would have degraded him or cursed I would understand, then report me.

10. PamR

I probably did.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  11. Morgandude11

Once again, you asked for comments, and did not like the comments you got. Post coins that are basically “pocket change,” and you will be told that they are worth exactly that. Sorry if that does not appeal to you, but most collectors are honest here. If they thought it was a beautiful rarity, or incredibly good looking coin, you would have heard that from everybody, including me. Do you want honesty about your coins, or do you wish us to lie, and say that they are collector’s quality coinage?

eddiespin likes this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Texting is easily misunderstood. Please don’t quit as you have a genuine interest to learn. You can’t make friends with all of us so best not to try.

PamR likes this.
  13. PamR

No no.. your first response. We were in conversation and chimed in. So yes, another lesson learned for me. Ty! 3BFC422F-D0C1-44D9-B1DB-55B6CE68CC83.jpeg

14. Morgandude11

Edited. See below:

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  15. Morgandude11

Here is an example: I will be positive/constructive. Here are 1990D and P mint set quarters in brilliant uncirculated condition. This is the same date as the coin you presented for consideration. The seller is asking $3.00 for both the Philadelphia and Denver mint coins. Collecting coins like this can be both enriching aesthetically, and inexpensive.

6B70262A-ECFF-4F0F-8DE6-DB61FF755E20.jpeg 4E80DDB8-7284-4A2F-A06E-CE366BF8E11C.jpeg

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    cplradar and eddiespin like this.
  16. PamR

ACBE0F5A-9DDA-46E3-A8DF-135DE69460CA.jpeg 9436E1AD-8584-4E16-8968-6D8F647D8F16.jpeg 0F48F6C0-D73A-4BF2-83BD-9655314BE2EC.png B4C51737-E790-4BA1-AEDF-CD8CA5EE4089.png D812621F-5B66-4CBB-A4A0-16230A494E88.jpeg
    I appreciate that. I do not buy coins unless some of the new coins coming out. Or if my husband sees anything in his safe. These coins are from my dad. I have posted U.S. and Foreign coins on here. Many have enjoyed them and yes some critics. I have so many to go through with lots of questions. I’ll read more. So you say serious site. My father’s coins are serious to me. No need to buy any. The only ones I would sell are the 1800 and so on US. Coins I swapped out while working at the bank. So we are all here for different reasons. Any critique I get in the future, good or bad, Thanks and ok. 3FFA55C4-F854-4732-87FF-DFBAA0CCEBA2.jpeg

Attached Files:

17. Collecting Nut

Those bags look so interesting. Enjoy yourself as you go through your fathers coins.

PamR likes this.
  18. PamR

Thank you!

19. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

That is cool. Why are they breaking them out?

20. PamR

Yes my dad traveled all over years ago. Breaking them out?

21. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

I didn't do ANYTHING other than engage you innocently in good humor and in a spirit of companionship. I am very confident in that.

One can never be completely confident how anyone will react, but that is not a factor I have contol of. I find if someone gets irritated with my normal banter, then I simple stop talking to them. And I never announce it.

That is basic forum decorum, regarless of the forum.

Draft saved Draft deleted