1990 close am value?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tiffany Lynn Arsineau, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I found a 1990 close am and they done make close ams til 1993 how much is this worth anyone know?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

How about you take a decent, non-blurry, picture of JUST the coin in question instead of having it with another coin. Your camera focused on the top coin instead of the one you asked about.

That all being said, I am 99.9% sure you have a normal wide AM.

4. I tried sorry if blurry but I'm pretty sure it's a close am

Attached Files:

5. The pic wittye to coins was to compare the two the bottom one is the one I was talking about though sorry for confusion

6. Better picture

Attached Files:

7. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

If you could try cropping out all background it might help here's your pic cropped it appears from your pic that the (M) to a hit. JMO
    Dave
    IMG_20181013_162009.jpg

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. Thanks by the way I'm new here just joined today so are u saying it is a close am bc the a and m are darn near touching

9. And I have googled n searched and haven't seen anything about a 1990 close am so was curious about it does anyone know how to get it checked or certified

10. furryfrog02

It is not a close AM. Your coin was damaged by something else which pushed the metal closer together. If you wanted to get it "certified" you would be looking at spending ~$100. Your coin is not worth the time/money. Good learning experience, but beyond that...nothing special.
    Also, welcome to the forum. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here willing to help out...as long as you are willing to learn. :)

Dave363 likes this.
  11. What about this coin theres an o above the date

Attached Files:

12. furryfrog02

That's a popped plating blister. Not an error. Just damage.

13. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Your coin is a WAM.

Draft saved Draft deleted