1990’ uncirculated consecutive numbered 100 dollar bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Vikk, May 27, 2018.

1. Vikk

Vikk New Member

Hello everyone. I needed some help to know if uncirculated consecutive numbering 100 dollars bills worth more than the given value. I have the Chicago bills ending in 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 and 56. All uncirculated and unfolded. I’ll appreciate any information. Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @Vikk

On average, uncirculated 1990 $100’s bring anywhere from $125-$150 each. I’m not sure, but doubtful that being consecutive adds much of a premium to their value. Do you have any photos ?

4. Vikk

Vikk New Member

Hello SteveIn, thanks for the information. Here I attached some pictures. Any idea how can I sale the sets in a safe way?

Attached Files:

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

My online guide show these to be $110. And that is only in truly uncirc condition.
    To me, these are worth $100 each. Good luck.

6. Vikk

Vikk New Member

Thanks Michael for the info. How is it that uncirculated are $100 each. I’ll appreciate a little more information more about your valuation.

7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

he said "truly uncirculated".
    Yours look circulated, even just a little.

how did you obtain yours? how do you know they are not circulated, even a little?
    why are they not perfectly flat ?

If you have ever bought strapped, sequential uncirculated bundles (which are considered uncirculated) and compared them to even slightly circulated bills that may be perceived as uncirculated, you'll know the difference.

8. Vikk

Vikk New Member

Well that’s the information I need to learn. I’m not savvy with this subject and I’m thankful for all the help I’m getting. I got this bills from my parents. For what you just sayid I’m guessing they are not uncirculated. Sorry for the confusion. I’m learning on the go here. I guess they just are in good conditions. So, knowing this now, is there any added value or not?

9. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

They are only worth 100 to me because, they are not really that old, or rare.
    I would prefer 100's to be from the 1934 series, 1950 or 1966 Red seal. And even those if circulated are 100 or slightly higher, so I don't see why yours are anything special and are over 100 dollars. They aren't rare. It's just the old small head note.
    I assume you got them (at a bank) at face value.

10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

11. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

The problem that you run into is finding someone who wants to buy them. There aren’t a lot of people who collect modern $100 notes. I don’t think many dealers or coin shops will be interested in them, even at face value, because they’ll tie up a lot of cash in inventory that may take a while to sell.

IMO, Your only other viable option is ebay. Check to see if anything like these have SOLD. Don’t use the listing prices, people can ask anything they want. You need to see what people are actually paying for them.

My recommendation is to just spend them. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the time to mess around with ebay, with the fees, getting them packaged securely, insurance, schlepping them down to the PO, etc, just to make $10. Sorry it’s not good news, but that’s they general reality of it. Good luck.

Dynoking, Vikk and coinsareus10 like this.
  12. Vikk

Vikk New Member

I think you are right. It won’t be as much money and the time to do it won’t be justified. Thank you all for your time and information.

13. SteveInTampa

A3FA97B3-CFAF-415E-B34F-C1D8C056C3F8.jpeg 7A52C209-BF1B-488A-8516-98B7E44EF41C.jpeg F93420DC-33EF-4C02-903B-224D36715EE3.jpeg Photos of the OP’s notes, oriented correctly and full size.

NOS likes this.
  14. SteveInTampa

My price estimate was based on SOLD listings on eBay.
    Individual notes ranged from $109 to $135, and a seller recently sold 10 consecutive for $1,500.

670DFD90-DF1C-4590-9977-D2F6BE9493CB.jpeg

NOS likes this.
  15. Miranda Shelton

Miranda Shelton New Member

So I know this is an old thread but I was curious of what I have, to save them or just spend them at face value? I have what I consider uncirculated consecutive 1990's $100 bills serial numbers B01708301-310 and B01708341-400 its 70 total. They are all banded from the same bank from Nov 2, 1990. Thanks for any info

NOS likes this.
  16. Miranda Shelton

17. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

The problem is with these, is that with inflation, they are worth less in "buying power" than they were when new . . . . .

Invested in Microsoft in 1990, you could retire early today . . . . .

NOT the story of MY life, BTW . . . . . .

Z

Miranda Shelton likes this.
  18. SteveInTampa

That sure is impressive. Thanks for sharing @Miranda Shelton. Have you decided what you’re going to do with them ?

19. Miranda Shelton

I have had them for a very long time and just been saving them because I thought it was neat to keep. Was just planning to save them for my now 12yr old for when he is older if they are worth holding on to?

20. SteveInTampa

Owning physical paper money is cool, especially the older stuff. With that being said, paper money is inherently lazy. Using an inflation calculator, $7K in 1990 would be worth almost double today. Personally and respectfully, I would keep one or two of the best centered examples and try to sell the rest to recoup your initial investment.

21. Miranda Shelton

Thanks Steve! I wouldn't know where to even try to sell any of it, or if there is a market for it. We were paid with this straight from the bank in 1990, and kept it all this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted