1989D DDO AND DDR

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Aaron Nicholson, Sep 17, 2018.

1. CM180916-182751005.jpg Found this coin to be In pretty good shape for a 89 penny. It has doubling on both sides. Some I believe in USoA could be machine doubling. Others no. I've tried to see if this coin has credited or discredited as a DDO AND DDR.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hi there, first off, it’s almost assured you do not have both a DDO and DDR. I can definitely see playing blisters on the left side of the coin, but those do not add any premium to a coin. Unfortunately, it’s not a clear enough photo to determine if it’s doubled or not. Can you take another photo but not zoom in, just take a good, steady shot? Also, please take a photo of the reverse and tell us where you think you see doubling.

@ldhair

4. Yes I'll take more so you can ser. I'll get a USB microscope wrdnesday. That way you don't have to look at bad pictures. Illbsend s few in a second.

5. Seattlite86

You really don't need more than a 10x loupe in front of the camera on your phone. Works wonders.

6. I'll try that, thank you

7. On the reverse the left pillar from top all the way down to the end of stairs is doubled the most. The o and n in one. Thetevwas some in USIA mainly Uni
    That could be machine doubling though.

8. I know it's horrible as a picture. O. The coin u can see a gap and then a line and the outside of the doubling seems to be higjet. Can this be machine doubling too?

9. Seattlite86

You need better lighting, also, the photo should not be blurry. If it is, move your camera phone up an down above the coin until it’s in good focus. I don’t see anything out of the ordinary on the reverse. There are no doubled dues listed for that year, which is a strong indicator you don’t have one. Here is an example of doubled volume so you can see what they should look like doubled. http://www.lincolncentresource.com/doubledies/1994ddo1.html Try comparing your cent to a few others of the same timeframe. I think you’ll find them pretty similar.

10. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Go to a well lit area before taking images.
    You eyes adjust to darkness far better than any camera.

Also USB microscopes because of the way they sharpen, etc images they tend to create things that are not there. So we'll need regular coin images anyways.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. Thank u all for your help. The only way to learn is ask. I appreciate it.

tommyc03 likes this.
  12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm sorry but I cannot tell anything from these photos. But, one common mistake some make is thinking the inside pillar supports are doubling when they are not. On a well struck coin these show as they should as a part of the design. Many poorly struck coins will not show these supports. The same goes for the inside top of the bays where there is a part of the design ( roof support ) that will not always show or in the case of a worn die, this will begin to disappear.

13. My microscope should be here Wednesday. The pictures are horrible I know. Thank u for the input.

tommyc03 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted