Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bentley carpenter, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Bentley carpenter

Bentley carpenter Well-Known Member

Just found this coin I've been looking at it for a minute. It looks like it has some doubling on it like america the C own it. Looks like the front of the coin has some doubling on it the date and other places like in god we trust.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bentley carpenter

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

As I told you in other threads.. Its called Die Deterioration doubling. It has nothing to do with a true Doubled Die variety..

5. Bentley carpenter

I'm trying Paddy Man its not that easy for me I see things in a different way. I will get this I want give up first off all there ant many doubled die even out there can't be or I would be finding them. I got a bunch of MS condition coins I found a couple weeks just about every coin is in nice shape. There is All different dates I don't know what it is in it I was not going to throw them away there mostly mint hard to find coins like this in cirlation.

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Just some thoughts for you Bentley. You should get some cardboard 2X2s. They don't cost much. You could write what you learn about a coin on the holder. It would be a good reference to look back on as you learn the hobby.
    You might also get a Lincoln Cent album and build a set as you search your cents. You might have fun filling the album.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

DDD is no added value doubling and it has nothing to do with a true doubled die.

8. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Keep searching and posting Bentley, good luck

9. Bentley carpenter

Yeah I'm wanting to get me a Lincoln bored and fill it up with coins but I'm looking for some at least Ms condition don't have to be a 67 a 62 or 63 I was looking at some coins I found about a month ago I just went through them really quick there all red. I could not tell you what is even all in it there at least a couple hundred I put back. I got a bunch of nice looking bronze color a really dark red orange look I don't even know how to grade these coins I have bags of them and I mean Big bags of them there all nice coins. I just don't want to give back these coins when 20 years from now they will be hard to find I'm looking for a Ms condition 1974 I have hundreds of them and there all in poor condition I don't understand why a person can't find one in good shape they were rough on coins in the 70s for some reason.

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Also, read up on doubled die coins here and here. From about the middle of 1982 the mint started using copper coated over zinc to make the cent and "Plating Issues" can also give a no value doubling.

11. Bentley carpenter

Yeah I have a bunch of them were they finally went from copper to zinc destroyed the coin itself when they did that it's hard to find a really pretty zinc Penny's they have something wrong with them one in a million you will find a nice zinc coun.

12. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Good suggestion.

Draft saved Draft deleted