1989 cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Joe kool, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

I was just wondering how these raised scratches or ( extra steps lol) would get on the reverse. I know there is a die break on obverse. 20190907_110746.jpg 20190907_110735.jpg 20190906_105516.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

My pocket knife would create damage like that. So would a screwdriver or a number of other devices.

I_like_Morgans likes this.
  4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If they are raised on the coin, then they are probably scratches on the die. If that's the case, it's possible that a Mint employee had a hangover.

Chris

CaptainMK likes this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

If raised yes to heavy die polishing where someone went overboard and QC let it go.

7. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

This is some that happened to someone else in a 2009 post. His handle was dollar

8. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

Heres the post from then. They look about the same. Screenshot_20190908-140803_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190908-140854_Chrome.jpg

Stevearino likes this.
  9. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

Look at the "E" in united

10. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

These are not cuts. They are kinda like the steps. Someone posted one like it in 2009. I copied and pasted it on this post further down

11. lou55

lou55 New Member

I have a 1989 penny that has the same error, it looks just like your error to the T, it isn't a scratch, I was going to post and ask also.

12. cpm9ball

It might be a good idea for you to start your own thread in the
    Error Coins" forum.

Chris

13. lou55

lou55 New Member

14. cpm9ball

@lou55

The next time you reply to someone, make sure that your remark is outside of their quote. I'd prefer that you don't put words in my mouth.;)

Just go back to your last post (#12) and click on "Edit". Then you can put your comment after the [/QUOTE] and "Save" the changes.

Chris

15. lou55

lou55 New Member

and "Save" the changes.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Kentucky likes this.
  16. cpm9ball

[/QUOTE]

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

17. lou55

lou55 New Member

I said I was sorry, I've read many post on here where you guys are rude to people, i'm new at putting things on here, I also told Chris I was sorry, I wasn't putting words in your mouth, I believe the others weren't the ones being rude, you are!

Joe kool likes this.
  18. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

Thought this was about my coin. Why would he have to start another post about the same thing. Lou55 please post a picture of the one you have. Is the E on yours messed up and the intials?

19. Joe kool

Joe kool Active Member

initials? Would like to see you do that with any kind of knife of tool. Have you ever played the game bs. I call bs

20. lou55

lou55 New Member

6178.jpg

Joe kool likes this.
  21. lou55

lou55 New Member

This is mine, I guess this is my last post, it looks like yours, but the E is ok.

Joe kool likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted