1988 series A dollar bill question

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by devildogpride8, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Nevadabell

Nevadabell A picture of me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. moca56

moca56 New Member

I have a Series 1988 A in good shape the thing I like about this one is it's one my father in law saved for my husband and it's uneven cut the top is wider than the bottom and the left side is wider than the right side. Has any one seen one like this before???

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

It's not all that unusual to find WEB notes with uneven margins and poor centering.

[​IMG]

5. Cmcart

Cmcart Well-Known Member

6. Sandrizzles

Sandrizzles New Member

I have 1988 $10 bill mis print. I don't know if it is worth something

7. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

It's not unusual for people to think they have an error or "misprint" when their note is, for example, simply poorly centered. It'd be great if you could post clear pictures of the front and back of your note.

8. Sandrizzles

Sandrizzles New Member

This is the pics.

Attached Files:

9. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Looks like a small offset transfer. In that condition it's not going to be worth big money, but if genuine it still ought to command some premium over face value....

10. Sandrizzles

Sandrizzles New Member

Thank you for responding. I just got this change from a grocery store. How would I know how much is worth?

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I would wait until McDonald's has a special going on their menu. You will get the most value that way.

12. Sandrizzles

Sandrizzles New Member

Wow! you are so Funny!!!

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I have to apologize to you. You had a logical question but I didn't take it seriously. There are some members of our board who know one another and can take our underliying responses. I shouldn't of done that to you. Welcome Ms Sandrizzles. We need more collectors like you.

14. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

15. Domenic Perrone

Domenic Perrone New Member

16. Domenic Perrone

Domenic Perrone New Member

I have 50 of these new uncirculated. The only difference is next to the 2 on the left side there is a small C2 next to it and the green treasury seal is not centered over the word ONE. What do I have?

17. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

If there's a C2 on the left side, you don't have web notes. That's one of the differences between the web notes and the normal notes.

If you can give us a better description (or a photo) of what exactly you have 50 of, somebody can probably tell you more about what you've got.

slackaction1 and NOS like this.
  18. James Tilton

James Tilton New Member

what would the value of 100 $1 dollars printed in 1988 which are in series uncirculated with federal band still on the bundle

19. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

@James Tilton , if you able to give us the serial number range along with the district, (the entire serial number including prefix and suffix letters) we might be able to get you in the ball park as far as price goes. Also make sure it is series 1988, and not 1988A

20. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The OP states that the plate number is 4. Web notes have no plate number in that location.

21. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

The OP is from five and a half years ago, but since you bring it up: Yes, web notes have a plate number (lower right face). What they're missing is a plate position (upper left face).

Draft saved Draft deleted