1988 P Dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Janika, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Janika

Janika Member

I think this is in good condition... would it be worth anything?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

A nice example of a circulated dime that is slightly MAD. However, I would not value it at anything above face value.

4. Janika

Janika Member

Okay thanks!!! New to this trying to figure things out lol

5. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

It is in good condition...it's not that old (31 yrs)..it's still worth 10 cents! :happy:

Just because something seems old (from your perspective :smuggrin:) doesn't mean it's necessarily important or worth more than one which was made yesterday.

That coin seems rather unremarkable. Did you notice something that you think is special about it? They did mint nearly 1.3 billion (yes, billion) of these in Phila. in 1988. Cranking out that many, they surely maxed out some of those dies, although yours seems fairly well struck. :happy:

6. Janika

Janika Member

Nope didn’t notice anything special about besides it looked good to be 31yrs old lol

PlanoSteve likes this.
  7. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

One thing you can do is save the ones you think are in good condition and periodically, as you get better at looking at them, review them to see if you still think the same. Most times you will probably end up putting them where you spend them, but it can teach you to be critical of what looks good enough to really save.

PlanoSteve and R_rabbit like this.
  8. Janika

Janika Member

Okay I know I’ll get better at this.

PlanoSteve, R_rabbit and Kasia like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted