1988 1$ bill error

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Daulton, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

That's what I was attempting to imply. If the entire sheet was out of alignment for the third printing and then the cut, it makes sense. At least to me.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daulton

Daulton Active Member

I actually just purchased it, and was trying to see what it’s worth to know if I got a good deal

4. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

In that condition maybe $25 to $40.

Daulton likes this.
  5. Daulton

Daulton Active Member

Nice only gave $16 for it so I’m happy with that

6. Jersey magic man

That was a great deal.

7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Bad side guide not working

8. Notaphylic_C

Notaphylic_C Well-Known Member

I realize I'm a bit late for the party, but you can see that the later design elements: the Federal Reserve Bank #3; the Treasury seal & serial number) are all shifted into the design on the right side. The same elements have been shifted away from the design on the left side (& 3 overlaps Ortega's signature). That means you don't need to cross-reference with the sheets of One Dollar notes sold b/c all sheets don't have shifted 2nd/3rd pass design elements seen on your error note. Definitely not a manufactured miss-cut error but legit. One of the rare ones that had passed QC at the BEP.

9. Jersey magic man

I contend that the third printing is exactly where it should be. The second printing is misaligned giving the illusion that the third printing is misaligned.

masterswimmer likes this.
  10. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Absolutely spot on Jersey. If it were the third printing that was misaligned there wouldn't be any visible printing of the neighboring note on the right of the front of this note. Your assessment IMO is right on the money ;) Pun intended.

11. Notaphylic_C

Notaphylic_C Well-Known Member

-Fair enough. I'm not very familiar with the 2nd nor 3rd printing sequences for BEP & was only noting that they were off & that this type of error wasn't manufactured.

Daulton likes this.
  12. Jersey magic man

I think we can all agree that this was not “manufactured” from a sheet, and is a real BEP error.

Daulton likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted