1987-D Kennedy Grade?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Odieo331, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

For the resident experts here...

Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

And a 1964... sorry about the lighting

Attached Files:

4. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

the 87 is worth .50 cents and the 64 is worth melt

5. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

Huh? So for the displayed condition of these, are you saying they appear in circulated condition and would not grade?

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

No, they could be unc's, I can't tell. Why would you want to spend 25.00 a coin to get them graded. I can't imagine them grading high enough to be worth it.

7. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

Ok maybe I posted in the wrong category/forum... I'm simply trying to get a gauge for what grades my coins would fall into, and how to pick good ones at a LCS if they don't happen to be slabbed.

8. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

With not knowing your collecting goals, I would start with searching rolls of Kennedy's from the bank. You can find nice coins at face value. As you go, you will get a better understanding of grades. You can also go to pigs photo grade and study what the different grades are.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The slanted (angled) photo of the '87 precludes any of us being able to grade it accurately as many things, such as wear and distracting marks, can be hidden by taking a photo like this. The '64 looks to be mint state but we need a shot of the reverse to really know. Also, I notice that the pictures are large files. Why not choose the full photo (not thumb nail) option? Helps us get a better look at the coin in question. :) Welcome to the forum dear fellow........

Odieo331 likes this.
  10. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

87 is high AU
    64 is AU55/MS60 from the pics.

Odieo331 likes this.
  11. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

I'm guessing the '87 is Gem and a decent MS-65 but with the picture it is only a guess predicated on there being no wear etc.

I can't rule out higher grade but experience and guessing tells me it won't likely make it.

About 5% of mint set coins will make MS-65.

12. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

I pulled it from a dansco set i got as a present from the late 80s

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted