1986 with major blow holes and major crack on the back

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tatter tott, Dec 13, 2020.

1. tatter tott

tatter tott Active Member

I have a 1986 p with the a hole I the face with other different things going on and on the back it's got a crack running across the top off the building and other things going on

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tatter tott

4. tatter tott

5. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

This is called road rash. Been run over by many vehicles in the street or parking lot. PMD

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Zinc rot blisters and corrosion. All environmental damage. Sorry for the bad news but that cent is done for.

7. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

That coin was left in a Walmart parking lot for 30 years

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

9. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

That is an ugly penny, but the photo is really good. Did you take the photo?

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Tatter.. That Cent is all damage. Not a Mint Error of any kind. The copper plating was compromised and the inner zinc core started to rot. That all occured after it was minted and after it left the US Mint.

11. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Wash your hands...

Robert Ransom likes this.
  12. tatter tott

Yeah I took it it came out better than most pictures thanks for all the information I like the one been in Walmart for 30 years I didn't no I feel stupid for even posting it I didn't no this coin thing is tricky I've seen some damage
    really bad and it being a mint error at least that is what they say some things are hard to believe thanks Guy's

13. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Reading and learning from the replies from the combined experience of some members here will always be better for your coin education than you tube videos, e-bay and etsy postings etc.

Robert Ransom and furryfrog02 like this.
  14. tatter tott

Yeah I done caught own to that their trying to sell stuff that can't be right I just started and I saw that trying to sell a coin because it looks a little different for 20000 thousand that is a joke their running the hobby yeah their are certain coins are worth big money but what they have on eBay is a joke I like money who don't that ant the reason why I'm doing this I love collection coins and different types off coins I may never sell one I'm cool with that but I would like to find one off them rare coins thanks Guy's.

Draft saved Draft deleted