1986 US Penney very rare Doubling on both sides

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rorololo, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Rorololo

Rorololo New Member

This 1986 US Penney is very rare and in great condition. Obvious doubling on both sides of coin can, make a very valuable coin. Does anyone have an estimated value of this 1986.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT. I can't tell much from your photos. Can you post FULL SIZE photos and crop them so just the obverse and reverse show one at a time. Correctly orientate them and then close ups of areas you question. Did someone tell you it was a rare coin, or is that your assumption? Other than possibly DDD, deteriorated die doubling, I see nothing that adds any value to the coin, but better photos would help others to chime in.

4. Rorololo

Rorololo New Member

Yes give me a few I'm going to take better pics okay

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

6. Pete Apple

Pete Apple Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are implying that a coin with doubled die on both sides is extremely rare because it is on both sides, but there are numerous coins with doubled die on both sides:

http://adventuresincrh.blogspot.com/2018/07/ddoddr-combinations-running-list-of.html

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Both sides have a worn die strikes. Not rare at all.

No.. Just 1 Cent

How long have You been into this hobby? Where do You get your information from? :facepalm:

8. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Theres no listings for 1986D DDO or DDR penney or penny on VV. Just a worn die zincoln that has succumb to a nice blistery demise.

9. Rorololo

Rorololo New Member

What is worn die strikes lol

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Obverse and Reverse Dies that have struck thousands of coins. They are exchanged for newer ones when they reach their end. They will cause worn die strikes just like on the Cent you are showing us. Your Cent is not rare. We see examples like yours many times here on CoinTalk. Sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted