1986 penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cmore, Jul 19, 2012.

1. cmore

cmore Member

hi, i was hoping someone could help me. I found this 1986 penny and there is something on the right side, on the lower part of the steps. It kinda looks like it could be a person, was wondering if this is an error cause i havent seen it on any other pennies? I took a picture the best i could it was so hard to get a good close up. this was the best close up i could get. Its next to the fg intails, a little to the left of it, bottom step. sorry im not very good at this.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Looks like a die crack but your pics are a little out of focus.

4. cmore

cmore Member

im gonna try to take a better pic and thank you by the way for taking the time and looking at my pic. and answering my question!

5. cmore

cmore Member

gonna try to take a better pic. and thank u for taking the time to look at my pic. and answering my question.

6. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

I agree, it looks kindof like a die crack or break thingy.

7. Billyray

Billyray Junior Member

It's a die crack, i've seen them with cracks on all 4 corners, but never all 4 at a time though.

8. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You talking about the FG?

9. Billyray

Billyray Junior Member

He's talking about the die crack from the corner of the memorial to the rim, below the FG

10. cmore

cmore Member

its to the left of the intails fg on bottom steps under last pillar and its right above the T in the word CENT (a hair to the right of it). looking at the penny it looks like it could be a person i know my picture isnt that great im trying to take a better one but its so hard to get a good close up but im gonna keep trying.

Draft saved Draft deleted