1986-P dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by stant093, Jul 14, 2004.

1. stant093

stant093 New Member

im not sure if this is something value wise or not, any input?
    Thanks in advance!
    Sam

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Based on the pics kinda hard to say for sure. I see the doubling - but if it is mechanical doubling or a doubled die coin is another question. Can you get a better close up ? Or can you tell for yourself if the doubled areas have flat shelf like edges or are they rounded over ?

4. stant093

stant093 New Member

i cant get too much better...

so im lookign to see if the last stamp on the double stamp is defined? or am i looking to see if its rolled?

Attached Files:

5. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Is all of the doubling clockwise of the original letters?

6. stant093

stant093 New Member

if anything i would say its counter clock wise, but very very little. Its more mostly stacked ontop of each other, with a little pulling toward the middle of the coin, so the first stamp is just a hair closer to the rim of the coin, the second further away.
    Maybe i got a good one here:) just to think i found it while looking through change in my pocket

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well there's a little more to it than just rounded edges - but that's the easiest diagnostic to see. Look close at the bottom images - if they appear flat - then it's mechanical doubling. If they appear to be rounded or rolled edges - then it may be a doubled die.

8. stant093

stant093 New Member

i would say theyre rounded, i wish i had a better camera....:/

Draft saved Draft deleted