1986 Lincoln cent Philadelphia mint

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Willysilver, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

Kind of peculiar I just came across a 1986 Lincoln cent no FG whatsoever anyone ever saw that before it really caught me off-guard I'm taking pictures now I'm in shock here LOL no FG whatsoever literally not even a hint of an FG has ever been there and it's in a you probably by 50 almost Ms condition

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Willysilver

Here's pics definitely not struck through grease there be more missing

Attached Files:

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I can make out a faint "G". Probably just a grease-filled die.

Willysilver likes this.
  5. Willysilver

Yeah that's more like some zinc bubbling that's making that G but the rest of the coin is fully struck could only the FG be filled with grease is that possible such a minut part of the of the dye and it's good to hear from you thank you for a frog hope you're having a great week I'm going to open up 10 hand-rolled penny rolls I just got from my bank I got in the first roll 48 and a 57

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Filled die or a struck through, nothing more.

7. Willysilver

Quick question I bought $10 worth of Lincoln cents at the bank she had 10 hand-rolled and I took those would you prefer taking those over the bankrolled just a quick just a question. I'm curious that's all

8. Willysilver

I know it's not considered an error but at least I'm paying attention but I'm so broke I can't even pay attention but I bought some Penney's anyways maybe I'll get rich LOL
    I looks like I'm going to be getting some feedback this afternoon I like this

9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I prefer bank rolled as those could be coming straight from people's home piggy banks.

10. Willysilver

As it looks to be with two weeks in the first roll I'm paying so close attention I'm going to only open my second roll right now but thanks for the advice I appreciate it

11. Willysilver

Also one of the question I've been out of the loop for a minute is there any other new additions in the Lincoln cent errors or variety errors been posted lately that I should be looking for

12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I read this, and was the reason for the way I responded.

Willysilver likes this.
  13. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I think it may be due an over polished die. I can't see any evidence of a residual clash, but the parallel lines under the Lincoln Memorial look more like die polish than scratches or plating blisters. Polish lines will be raised. Also look at how narrow and weak ONE CENT is. From heavy polishing??

Not ruling out a filled die, but you may want to consider an over polished die as a possibility.

14. Willysilver

Also my opinion really polished shiny penny for the year in the condition thanks pal I appreciate it

15. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

It has nothing to do with a shiny appearance. It is due to a technician trying to polish out die damage Similar to what you would do in woodworking or doing body work on a car. If they stop at a coarser grit size, it can leave fine scratches in the die, that appear as raised areas on a coin.

16. Willysilver

Wow ok tmi lol for real thank you you think the opposite polish would make it shiny not scratches but I understand almost like when you high speed buff a car it leaves swirl marks I get you now I used to do Mobile Auto Detail

17. Willysilver

Wait to see. This 1971 s I just got non proof so what would that be called if it's not a proof made for circulation correct got a mark on it

18. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Why do people keep calling them penny's or Penney's?
    It is Pennies

19. Willysilver

Tell Google

20. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

No.. It is common sense..
    Penny is singular
    Pennies is plural.. More than one Penny

Draft saved Draft deleted