1986-D Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tVEGA, Oct 4, 2020.

1. tVEGA

tVEGA New Member

Just wondering what you see here, if anything....

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Not an Error this is a form of Die Deterioration doubling.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    capthank and Spark1951 like this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I agree with Die Deterioration doubling.

Worthless doubling and not related to a true Doubled Die variety.

capthank and Spark1951 like this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Robert, some of this information is totally unnecessary. Not always does the OP need to post images of both sides or, for that matter, even an image of the side of the coin in question. It's a waste of time. By the way, did you know that you can enlarge the OP's original image by simply clicking on the image code? ~ Chris

capthank and paddyman98 like this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@Robert Ransom
    I can't read what you posted. Too small.
    Please enlarge!

8. cpm9ball

No! Not Doubled Ditto........Double Ditto!
    ROFLMAO 3.jpg

9. Robert Ransom

Do you speak for everyone? Would you elaborate your question further because i'm not sure I understand the point you are trying to make?

10. Captain Sully

Captain Sully Active Member

Sometimes y'all are just a little abrupt. Say what you said without making the guy feel bad. Made me feel bad too. He did not ask you to ROF and LFYAO
    I am new and I hope this is atypical of this group. Stay safe and wear your masks Prowler.jpg

11. Robert Ransom

Welcome aboard the CT Train, Sully.

12. Captain Sully

Gotcha. I have been on others.

capthank likes this.
  13. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Not related to the coin... That is a beautiful picture of the Grumman A-6E. Thanks for the picture. Were you a U.S. Navy pilot?

14. Captain Sully

Yes, I was and that picture represents me making my 1000th Carrier Arrested Landing in 1979 aboard the USS Ranger in the Philippine Sea. Off Manila.
    Thanks for the note. Sull

15. cpm9ball

First, welcome to the neighborhood, Sully! That was a great movie with one of my favorite actors, Tom Hanks.

I can understand if you are a bit confused because Robert edited his original post to delete most of it. I don't know if you saw it or not, but he was basically mimicking the only other member who has, heretofore, insisted that newcomers adhere to his requirements, not those of the majority, for posting images. Robert has been around here long enough that I am fairly sure he has read my comments regarding this subject before. I am not belittling Robert or the person who originally started this trend, but I am entitled to express my opinion regarding the use of full images of both sides of a coin when they are unnecessary.

As for my "ROFLMAO", it was in response to Mr. P's Post #4 regarding doubled dies and had nothing to do with Robert's thread. I would think that Robert is pretty familiar with Mr. P's use of the comments about doubled dies rather than the misuse of the term, double dies.

~ Chris

capthank likes this.
  16. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Wow! My other main hobby is building model airplanes. I have an A-6E on the deck to be built. I'll send you a picture, if possible. Again, Thanks for your service. I was in the 82nd 68-70

Dynoking and capthank like this.
  17. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I was in flight operations on the USS Kittyhawk CVA-63. Thanks for your service Sully, welcome home!

Dynoking and capthank like this.
  18. chuck123

chuck123 Active Member

I was in VF 194 on board the USS Ticonderoga 64-68
    Welcome aboard Sir

Dynoking likes this.
  19. Robert Ransom

No one "insisted" anything. I screwed up trying to enlarge my post. There are some members who have poor eyesight and would like full photos in order to give their best reply. There are some who need little info to form an opinion. Why bring me into the doubled die issue?
    First impressions are lasting. Good job explaining your post?

20. cpm9ball

Thank you for your service! ~ Chris

21. cpm9ball

If you re-read my comment, you will note that my use of the word "insisted" was not referring to anything you said. It was in reference to another member who has, in the past, requested complete images. You will note that I didn't bother mentioning his name out of respect for him. It wasn't necessary.

Also, if you go back to my Post #5, you will note that, as a help to anyone who didn't know, you can enlarge many such photos (not all mind you) merely by clicking on the image code (shown in blue).

I think you need to re-read everything!

Draft saved Draft deleted