1985p ddo or ddr on a 1985p Washington Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Connie S Simmons, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Is there a DDO or ddr varieties on 1985p quarter haven't been able to find one or anything on it and I think I might have 1985 p DDO And DDR...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

4. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

I don’t know of any and can’t find any listings for 1985. Pictures would be helpful.;)

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Photos of both sides of the entire coin with clear closeups of the areas in question are needed to see what you have.

6. Ok ...I'll do it...still shaking from my new find 1969 d stuck over a foreign coin

7. IMG_20200314_004735.jpg IMG_20200314_004836.jpg I couldn't find any thing either

8. I just seen this on the reverse it has alot of letters trying to see if it's struck over

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That's a normal US Quarter with circulation wear.

I hope this does not come out as mean. But it seems that you still don't know much about true Mint Errors and how they occur. How long have you been searching for Mint Errors?

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Mo' money! Mo' money! Mo' money! ~ Chris

11. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

You said a 69 D struck over a foreign coin but photo is of the 1985. Unless you mean the reverse is the 69 D.
    I don't see anything on the Reverse.

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I don't see anything on your Quarter except wear.

13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's almost impossible to be struck over a foreign coin.
    A 70-S quarter was struck over a (41?) silver Canadian, but that was done intentionally and there's only 1 of them.
    There are known examples of US coins that were struck on foreign planchets,
    a number of Kennedy's were struck on a foreign planchet (I forget the country, I think it was Asian). There is a thread here with photos.

14. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

She claims she has a 69 D on a foreign coin on another thread, not this coin.

thomas mozzillo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted