1985- D Lincoln Cent DDO?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Briboy07, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

Hey All,

Just wondering if this looks Doubled on the date to you all; 985? I don't see much else to me. The 5 on the top bar looks doubled as well as the bottom right of the 8. The 985 appear to have lower right notches. I checked Wexlers and Copper Coins. No pictures at Wexlers, but at Copper Coins this sure looks the same except for the top cross bar on the 5. What ya all think?

Image1430.jpg Image1432.jpg Image1429.jpg Image1424.jpg Image1427.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GotMeCoinNerd

GotMeCoinNerd New Member

I am new to collecting and hope with every roll I find a doubled error coin. I am not sure if this is or not. It would be enough to get me excited (but then shadows make be bolt upright sometimes). lol :)

Briboy07 likes this.
  4. eddio

eddio Well-Known Member

I almost want to say maybe but if you could get a more focus picture it would resolve this much better,the give away is the last t on trust it sure looks like md...

5. Briboy07

eddio LOL wasn't worried about the other letters, but I will try and get a better shot. U want the TRUST? I was just focused on the date :happy:

eddio likes this.
  6. eddio

eddio Well-Known Member

yeah sorry guy I just had two beers too many,,,,,,

Briboy07 likes this.
  7. Briboy07

I now had three Rum and Cokes and that's one to many :D Tonight I may have four ;) just hope i don't :vomit: in the morning:)

8. Briboy07

The 5 and 8 look gd to me and if it didn't have the top bar on the 5 doubled I could match it up to the Copper Coins ones......

9. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

take an image of the date, and mint-mark together !!

10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

11. Briboy07

Weird didn't show the alert that you guys posted, you and
    Treashunt.
    I can enlarge the one of the whole coin, but If I tried to take a picture right now wife would kill me! LOL.
    IMG_20141110_024717.jpg

Very far away. Bummed about the "No"

12. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

13. Briboy07

I think it looks very much like it do001 but on this picture I think the mm is slightly titled left. Had a crazy day so I haven't been able to get a proper picture yet. The one above is an enlargement of an angled shot. Once I get the proper pic I will post it. Hope somebody can do an overlay then :)

14. Briboy07

Well here it is, but I think the MM is slightly off. However the Date looks almost like the spitting image of what they have have at Copper Coins. Could not find the same markers either. Could it be a different variety?

Image1437.jpg

15. Rick Stachowski

I found one just like your last week, but didn't have any of the markers, for ddo-1, or 2 A002 - 20141020_162552 (2)-horz.jpg

16. Briboy07

Oh crud that looks exactly the same!!!! Mm as well!

17. Rick Stachowski

to me it looks like a DDO, but I'm no expert, here what trust looks like on mine A005 - 20141020_163850 (2)-horz.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted