1984d Lincoln Cent discoloration

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Epperson2359, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Epperson2359

Epperson2359 Member

Don't know too much about coin errors found this in a roll it weighs more than 2.5g it weighs like a copper penny but when I drop tested it it doesn't sound like copper I don't know if that's paint on there not sure just wanted to see what you guys thought thanks Greg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

It depends how much more wight? Looks normal to me color wise it is a zilincon after all and a roll find.

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

You have the 99.2% Zinc and . 80% copper.

5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

You could have a thick planchet but in order to determine that we need to see it on a scale with our own eyes.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Pennies turn all sorts of colors while in circulation. This coin has been floating around for almost 37 years.

7. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk. :) How much does your coin weigh? The normal weight for copper plated zinc cents is 2.5 grams, +/- .10g (2.4-2.6 grams). Prior to 1982 the normal weight for the Lincoln Cent is 3.11 grams, +/- .13g.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. Epperson2359

Epperson2359 Member

Thank you for replying, this afternoon I’ll get a dead on weight with a real good scale just to make sure, I have about $40 worth of pennies There isn’t any other pennies out of the 40 that even come close to this color I’m gonna send you a picture with it next to a different penny, Thanks again Greg

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted