1984D die clash on both obverse and reverse.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Wish I could take better pics but it can be seen with the naked eye as a finger print but is not I hope. Goes through neck line and lettering of both strikes is visible. Reverse is about the same in appearance but can't make out the country of origin as it seems some letters are english and others appear to be of another language. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

Maybe it's me but I don't see a die clash it appears to be a MAD and I'm confused on what you mean on a different language.

4. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I don't see a clash either. Are you referring to the moto? E Pluribus Unum? If so it's latin. Means "out of many one".

5. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Sorry about the pics, on the collar the small lettering seems to mesh as the strike hit at different angles. But my eyes are strained from trying to concentrate and could be seeing things that aren't there. Will put it down and rest eyes for a few hours.

Attached Files:

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I don't see any Die Clash. No evidence at all.
    Just a few plating blisters.

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Since there is no evidence of clashing in the fields adjacent to Lincoln’s head, nor is there evidence of die polish indicating it was removed, it’s highly unlikely that it’s a clash. When the dies come together without a planchet, it’s the higher parts of the dies that come together. The collar is a recessed part of the die. Remember, the highest part of a coin is the lowest part of a die.

8. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

well, it just looks like circulation damage.

Chuck_A likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted