1984 P Jefferson Nickel

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Hagenhomestead, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hagenhomestead

Hagenhomestead Hospitalized

Hey guys, nothing special, just hoping for an ice cream party someday with a DD or error. Lmk what you think. Yes, I finally got the Red Book @paddyman98 @Hookman but no errors that I saw on this. Obviously some PMD but looks like some DD in certain places, especially the reverse and Monticello. Probably score a solid F grade for Coin but please provide some input. The edges look to be (probably PMD) or. Something I may be missing, letters smashed together. The "O" in Monticello as well? I've only had a few shots with Uncle Jack so I know I'm not seeing double. Regardless, look forward to your input as I pulled this out of my pocket from the general store out here in the hillbillies of Anza California. Thanks guys. If better pics are needed, lmk, but I know your ninja Numismatic and Sensei skills can call it like you see it. Good evenin to ya'll.. Respectfully,
    Hagenhomestead
    20190713_000632.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Looks like it was struck with a Worn Die
    That would cause Die Deterioration doubling.
    That is worthless doubling.
    IMHO

4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

+1

Hagenhomestead likes this.
  5. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Sorry Hagen, but I agree with paddy. Keep searching, you're on the right track !

Hagenhomestead likes this.
  6. Hagenhomestead

Hagenhomestead Hospitalized

Hey, no worries guys. Just pulled it out of my pocket from change at the store and it looked like a hot mess so I tried to zoom with my little microscope and the O in Monticello looked doubled. So yes, it is doubled but the wrong kind however, @paddyman98 I believe it is not worthless! It is worth at least a nickel and it is a hot mess. Thanks guys, you're the best as always

Hookman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted