1984 Lincoln Cent tear drop

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by PamR, May 25, 2022.

1. PamR

PamR You Never Know! Supporter

From his eye then down to his neck as if the metal melted from his eye and down. I may sound silly, but my thoughts of my Lincoln :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

D53CA7E7-72E5-45E1-B10A-7B157750CD00.jpeg DF6070F6-9192-4CF1-8E49-D6291544C377.jpeg 7D3AA81F-D19C-4B50-9FD0-82CEABE39DC1.jpeg 9C01BA41-DD94-4623-A4FB-031981E3CB40.jpeg 0BDC7522-3CE9-4EA2-9960-B1CBE7A19216.jpeg 661C5993-79AB-4F1D-9AA4-4AE7FCC39F75.jpeg E78EAC21-18B5-4F9C-A56E-5E394551ECF7.jpeg

Penny Luster likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

SensibleSal66 and PamR like this.
  4. PamR

5. PamR

And the bubble can cause the ridge in it as well? I will read it thanks.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Read the literature ....please?:nailbiting::p

PamR likes this.
  7. PamR

Yes sir! I know. You are sick of me? :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::smuggrin:

Kentucky and SensibleSal66 like this.
  8. PamR

I think I will just post pretty coins from now on. No chips etc unless it’s half the head gone! Lol

9. PamR

I think I will just post pretty coins from now on. No chips etc unless it’s half the head gone! Lol

10. PamR

ok.., I got it partially correct! A “tear” which means bubble or corrosion etc. :)Something how something so small and detailed, one little wrong particle or step causes so much. Thanks!

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Pam, I for one, enjoy seeing what your father left you. Not so much those Zincolns or other pocket finds.

PamR likes this.
  12. PamR

Deal! :smuggrin:

13. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Life: One who learns a single thing today, and if not, is dead! I enjoy your posts @PamR, you go girl!

Kentucky, green18 and PamR like this.
  14. PamR

:shame: Thank you so much!

15. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Pam you keep posting but remember, there walks amongst us those that know, those that don’t and on occasion a wise ass. Take it as you will BUT keep posting and learning. Read Read Read
    Semper Fi
    Phi

PamR likes this.
  16. PamR

Thank you! Appreciate it!

17. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

@PamR …have you checked this coin for doubling varieties? Wexler lists 12 obverse and 10 reverse doubled die varieties. I’ve done the first one for you: it is not the famous doubled ear (ddo-001). If you do the other 21 it will keep you busy for about 2 hours…enjoy!…Spark

PamR and SensibleSal66 like this.
  18. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Now that you've been here a while, when you find something different, ask yourself, how could this occur during the minting or dir making process

Use www.error-ref.com as a resource. Notice how the site is laid out. Planchet errors, die errors, striking errors, etc. Also, keep looking at your bookmarked minting and die making sites and videos that others have posted to help you.

Fallguy, PamR and expat like this.
  19. PamR

Yes… I have read it from the link above. I don’t think I’m an error gal. Just will look through dates and nice ones and just post on my “finds” thread. I thank you! It does make sense especially now. As I said somewhere if Lincoln or George’s head is half way on coin or two faces, boom lol.

20. PamR

Thank you and I DO know it was not the doubled ear. I stated the tear. But thank you.

21. PamR

Did I say anything above about doubled ear? I have so many 84s 82s 92s and so many more to go through. If it’s not the obvious to my eye and the ones everyone looks for, y’all will be the first to know. :smuggrin:

Draft saved Draft deleted