1984 Kennedy filled die?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Moonshine, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

Found this while roll-searching this week. I don't think it's PMD since the areas with the missing detail aren't worn down but are raised. Is this a grease-filled die strike? Any premium? Not the best of pics...sorry. Thanks.

IMGP4517.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I believe a grease-filled die would hide the devices as if they weren't there. This coin looks like it was struck by a heavily deteriorated die where all of the intricate incused details have been obliterated. I have an 82-P that is called by some "plugged tailfeathers" because of this same anomaly. Yours looks more like a "stuffed bird"..............ready for the oven.

Chris

Attached Files:

4. Moonshine

Thanks for the info. Is the error that I have common?

5. cpm9ball

I can't answer that. I've kept mine only because it is interesting.

Chris

6. Harley.d

Harley.d Love coins

Worth nothing to many out there but a nice piece maybe worth 75 cents but that's all. Sorry

7. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

It's an interesting piece and is definitely worth keeping. Nice find! :)

-Brian

8. Moonshine

Being that it's an error and doesn't sound like it's common, why would it be worth nothing?

9. SWThirteen

SWThirteen Needs a 24/7 Coin Shop

The number 1 thing when it comes to coin value is demand. If no one wants a coin, even if it's one of a kind, then its only worth face value. If everyone wants it, but it's super common, then it could be worth a lot more.

10. Moonshine

That makes sense. Thanks.

11. cpm9ball

The other thing you have to factor into whether it is desirable or not is the condition. It would be one thing if this was an uncirculated coin, but it has been around the block a few times.

Chris

12. Harley.d

Harley.d Love coins

Yes that's what I am saying but there's not many collectors out there for this kind but still worth keeping

Draft saved Draft deleted