1984 error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by $Money$, Dec 5, 2018.

1. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Check post #17, Paddyman just explained it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Crazyb0

Crazyb0 New Member

Hrumpf! I myself am new to this forum, but not new to "other" coin forums where comments and/or pictures when addressing a noobies question such as this OP's with a bit of snark and blunt reality eventually found me ushered to the exit door, even after achieving the coveted 10,000 post status!. I see I may get along well here!

That said, you long-time members are indeed ruff on the noobs, wow. I have worked with many new entrants into our increasingly cluttered and misinformed Error collection arena, generally it is after these folks have been introduced to those infamous tripe-filled "Get Rich with Coins Books" put out by both expert and wannabe Variety and Error coin authors. Please don't get me wrong, a lot of the info in them is fantastic, the sales hype and "gimmicks" are at least humorous and most often, criminal. That's my personal beef with the genre, that's why I wrote my own version explaining just what and how these thingys come into being. (Called "Coin IDing for Dummies") It was fun doing it, has helped a few folks along the way, that's supposed to be what this is all about isn't it? Helping one another, growing the hobby? Or is hoarding intellectual superiority the goal in numismatical studies nowadays?

Hi, my name is Butch and I'm a coinaholic......

4. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

Well it's really being stern about it. If they are all sweet talk and saying oh it's okay then you'll never learn. With someone being stern in there text trying to teach you. And saying you're wrong makes you not want to put nothing that looks like damaged coins. Makes you look harder. Learn better. Read about stuff better all about studying it all. There is no sweet talk on here. When I was first on here I was talked to like that. I didn't take it no way of being harsh and mean. Stern is the word. I was putting damaged coins on here allot and was kept being told think damaged first. Cause an error coin does not look damaged at all. So yes It was the same for me then I slowly stopped putting damaged coins on here.it made me want to learn. It made it fun for me. I was studying. I'm still pretty new here myself. And learned a lot by there stern Words. Never ment nothin mean to me. I knew what they are trying to do.

TyCobb likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted