1984 DDR-001?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Newcoinboy2018, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Newcoinboy2018

Newcoinboy2018 Active Member

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I looked at all the closeup pics for the 1984 DDR-001 and I STILL don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing.

4. Newcoinboy2018

I don’t understand your message. I included 2 reverse photos with one being the top and the other being the bottom of reverse. I thought the lighting provided good examples.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I'm saying I don't see anything noteworthy in EITHER your photos NOR the ones on varietyvista.com for the 1984 DDR-001. I don't see what makes it a variety.

Newcoinboy2018 and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Newcoinboy2018 likes this.
  7. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Please put your pictures in full image instead of leaving like the way you did. It makes it easier to see the picture. Also your pictures are clear and it does not look like the variety you are hoping for. Also, not every coin you find is going to be a Doubled Die.

joecoincollect likes this.
  8. Newcoinboy2018

I understand. Pictures like these?

Attached Files:

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It is not a DDR, I see an effect mainly on the lettering but it appears to be die deterioration and a small amount of Machine doubling. Jim

10. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

CC1C8962-F607-4BEC-B988-0B38C4D42540.jpeg
    Yes alot better if you can crop all background out and select full image it make life easier for all of us. Lol
    Dave

This is your image

11. Richard gladfelter

Richard gladfelter Well-Known Member

Is that a small die crack on the 2nd reverse pic? On the 2nd S in states?

12. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

if you're having to pull out a magnifier more powerful than a 5x and you still are unsure, it's probably safe to pass on that coin. That's my opinion though. There are definitely some minute varieities, but i dont think theyre worth much effort or money. I think the key to searching is speed, since you have to get through a lot of coins to find things

Draft saved Draft deleted