1984 D & 1985 D Cents Are they worth anything?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Peterce_777, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Peterce_777

Peterce_777 New Member

I was watching a YouTube video saying these 1980's cents, if in good condition can sell for a lot. The specific video said a 1985 went for above $5000.00 at a Heritage Fun Auction. I want to post the 3 I found recently in my pocket change to see if anyone here can tell me if these are even worth being graded. I have a 1984 D and two 1985 D coins. Sorry, the pics are blurry, I did the best I could. Thank you to everyone who responds.
    03-13-17 1984 & 1985 D Pennies 005.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

No. I don't find any modern zinc cents worth much.
    There is always going to be one or two great condition coins that someone is willing to pay WAY too much for. But you and I aren't finding them in change.

5. Alex01232

Alex01232 New Member

i have an 1985 d penny but is that the real amount the penny is worth

6. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

Nine pictures, and not a one in focus. :smuggrin::rolleyes::smuggrin::smug:

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Sorry, but even with the blurry pics, it's pretty unlikely you have something of significant value. A lot of YouTube videos on coins don't always tell the whole story. Treat them with skepticism until proven otherwise.

It's true that some of these coins sell for high prices, but you aren't going to find something like that in circulation. These are the absolute best examples with no marks and very strong strikes.

Finding one of these coins is like finding an old Corvette or Mustang with only a few miles on the odometer in showroom condition. You don't find these in a used car lots or on Craigslist.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

You Tube videos about common coins being worth a gajillion dollars are a disgrace.

Draft saved Draft deleted