1983d one rpm the other is driving me crazy die clash rotated double or struck on foreign planchet

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Italy8686, Feb 19, 2021.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You need to show the Cent on a gram scale.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Understandable and I know and appreciate it but I don't take criticism and smart aleck remarks kindly especially when I'm showing no disrespect toward that person. Ive have bitten my tongue a lot on the page but seriously enough is enough

4. paddyman98

Was that statement towards me?
    Or others?

I'm here to help so if you misinterpret me that's not good. I don't want to create problems for anyone. Just to help using my longtime experience.

Then ignore the others!

People create their own problems.

Now how about the picture of your 1983 Cent on the gram scale?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  5. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Others not you

6. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Like new people get on here and the experts should teach us more we want to learn more. I see a lot of newbies get attacked with harmful comments now I do agree with some of them about they should read and learn more about the trade and especially the terminology used for the field but Google doesn't post exactly what your looking for unless you use the right terms

7. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Like for instance I'm a engineer tech but there are so many engineer tech fields and called differently in the field google wont know unless your more precise on what your talking about. I'm lucky I'm a remember of pcgs and have access to multiple books and websites for free a lot of them dont and I know most experts get mad cause they keep saying everything is a doubled die this website should at least have the basic die dictionary and pics for those beginner's

8. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

I do ingore them but ignoring the problem doesnt fix the issue only creates other one for the next person who takes it the wrong way or worse.

9. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Oh yeah 83d dam way off topic yeah when I get back home done deal

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Give it some time. There are folks of all ages and skills that post here. Have fun with it. Some will joke around and some just post stupid stuff. Over time you will learn who you can learn from.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

If you CRH long enough, you'll find that the 1983 D with the sunken area adjacent the mintmark is common enough. There are a few other dates amongst the LWCs and LMCs that have a similar, sunken affect. No added value for that. On the reverse, I see some split plating that's experiencing the effects of hydrozincite...or zinc rot as folks say. As the hydrozincite grows, the plating further separates. And I agree with the others, this particular specimen has typical plating anomalies going on with blisters/bubbles. A good educational piece, but unfortunately, just a spender.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. paddyman98

We actually have shared doubled die information many times over the years with plenty of new members.

Here. This is for your information.
    As an engineer you should be able to understand it fairly well

What is a Doubled Die -
    https://www.doubleddie.com/58222.html

What is not a Doubled Die -
    https://www.doubleddie.com/144801.html

13. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Thanks guys. I'm looking for my 83d forgot where I put it but did post 3 more coins on coin chat 78 89 and 2014d new thread

14. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

New post on coin chat

15. paddyman98

You don't need to keep stating that you put new pictures on Coin Chat over and over again. One time will suffice.

Concentrate on finding the 1983 D

l.cutler likes this.
  16. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

@Italy8686 Yes, be careful about placement. We've all got stories of the one that got away here. Make sure you have established a method to ensure that you set your finds aside. Here is an old placement template I came up with when I first started CRH. I keep using it to this day, although I pay less attention to the fields, I still use it to organize. Create one of your own, perhaps, relative to the kinds of things you find most interesting.

template.jpg

17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks like a common everyday run of the mill Zinc Cent that's worth face value.

18. Homestead667

Homestead667 New Member

Just trust these experts, they know what they are talking about... keep looking for the next big hit and don’t get bent out of shape .. remember these guys / gals are using their knowledge and resources to make positive ID... however, they don’t have the coin in hand so they can only go by what you present and your description.. at this point Happy Hunting my friend! This sight can be one of the best learning tools out there... if you let it be!

Kevin Mader likes this.
  19. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

20. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Here's my other post I need more opinions 1989p 1989d 20210220_220622.jpg 20210220_220530~3.jpg 20210220_212734.jpg 20210220_212718~2.jpg

21. Italy8686

Italy8686 Italy8686

Plz tell me I'm correct ibe on both and rpm on 89 d ddr 89p and more

Draft saved Draft deleted