1983 penny "GOD" squeeze .

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by chazmasterman, Feb 27, 2015.

1. chazmasterman

chazmasterman Change your Change

Well I just thought I would throw this one out there! 1983 penny for all to see. Interesting havn't seen this yet!..
    Charles

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

There are likely hundreds, maybe thousands, of ways that die deterioration can present itself.

Chris

4. chazmasterman

Ok ty, and yes that makes cents. I had not seen any like that thought it was interesting.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Another possibility is a slightly folded Finned Rim - If too much pressure is caused during the strike and there is also a MAD - Misaligned Die, then one edge of the CENT ends up raised. Over time the raised edge just sort of folds over itself going through circulation. Finned Rims are recognized as errors. I have one
    Finned01.jpg

6. chazmasterman

Ok ty paddyman for the heads up..Very Cool. I am on look out.. I see that. If I got you correctly.. this would be a few ex: ? And I take it that this happens fairly often?

Attached Files:

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. chazmasterman

and maybe?

Attached Files:

8. chazmasterman

found this also.

Attached Files:

9. chazmasterman

this also ?

Attached Files:

• In.jpg
      In.jpg
      File size:
      202.5 KB
      Views:
    • see in.jpg
      see in.jpg
      File size:
      124.6 KB
      Views:
  10. cpm9ball

Yes!

11. chazmasterman

so cpm 9 ball
    do you collect anything? if so what is it? just asking.

Hommer likes this.
  12. paddyman98

Well yes and no.. The new pictures you posted could be a result of Misaligned Dies but not necessarily. Your first pictures I think were a result of a folded over Finned Rim also known as a High Wire Rim but the new set of pics show just what is known as a Double Rim or False Rim. Here are some examples
    false rim.jpg MAD.jpg

13. paddyman98

And here are the Finned Rim or High Wire Rim Examples. Got these pics from the web.
    high wire_rim.jpg wire_rim.jpg

14. cpm9ball

Actually, I've started selling off many of my collections over the last few years. Living on Social Insecurity doesn't afford me much opportunity to add to my collections, and I don't really have a (deserving) heir.

I still have all of my French, Belgian & Swiss medals, but I'm about ready to sell all of my non-silver American-made medals. I also have about 20,000 US coins left in my collections, but don't let that number fool you because about 18,000 are uncirculated Westward Journey Nickels in Mint bags & rolls.

I guess my favorite coin that I still have is a 2001-D Kennedy half dollar that I found in a Mint bag. It cost me 68c.

2001-D 50c REV Slab.jpg

2001-D 50c OBV Slab.jpg

chazmasterman likes this.
  15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I hear they will double the SS payment if you will accept it in Presidential Dollars.
    : - )

16. cpm9ball

Direct Deposit?

Chris;)

17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

My brother, who is 13 years older than me, was incensed when the gov. quit sending out checks. He feels that if he does direct deposit, the gov. will know how much money he has in the bank.

18. cpm9ball

Direct deposit has reduced the theft of SS checks from mail boxes which was one of the biggest concerns.

If your brother is concerned that the government will snoop into his banking affairs, maybe he should consider using an offshore account for everything except his SS check.

Chris

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted