1983 P Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Marie Collins, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Marie Collins

Marie Collins New Member

Can someone tell me if this is a double die ?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

No, it isn’t. The date is worn.

4. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

The term used is “doubled die”...the die used to strike the coin is doubled when it is made...jmho...Spark

5. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

1955 doubled die cent.jpg This is an example of a 1955/55 doubled die cent so you know what to look for. This NOT my coin (I wish)

Hookman likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Since you're a newcomer to the world of coin collecting, the best advice I can give you is don't look for varieties and errors until you have gained a reasonable understanding of how coins are made. There are just too many ways that coins are affected by faulty equipment during the minting process and zillions (!) of ways that they can be damaged while in circulation.

7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

No, it's not.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Afraid not and welcome to CT.

Marie Collins likes this.
  9. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Sorry, no it is not doubled. Keep searching and posting, good luck.

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @Marie Collins. Your quarter is just worn from circulation and has no doubling of any kind, IMO.
    There are several web sites that you can refer to for self education, such as Wexler's site, Error-ref, Variety Vista, and others.
    When you have a question that you can't easily find an answer for, then post it here and hopefully knowledgable members can answer your questions.
    The advice I usually give to new members on photo posting follows.
    For the best results, you should post "in focus," FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and are easily enlarged by clicking on it). Photograph coins on neutral backgrounds like black, grey, or white. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows (you can use https://www.remove.bg for free), and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. While it isn’t always necessary, it is nice to show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted