1983 LMC - Is this consider DDR or MD

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bate, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Bate

Bate Active Member

There is no listing for this 1983 LMC. But these letters look DD to me. Give me your idea masters. Thanks for all your opinion in advance. 19832.jpg 19836.jpg 19831.jpg 19833.jpg 19834.jpg 19835.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Def. something with this one. I see notching and a spread on some of the letters. I'll let the others chime in on this one. @paddyman98 ?

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

The lower portion of the E is particularly interesting. However, may I ask if you're using a "USB microscope" to take your photos?

Also, have you yet bothered to compare your coin to known varieties? If not this would make for a fine starting point even if only because you'll learn something and the fine members here are sometimes wrong.

paddyman98 and tommyc03 like this.
  5. Bate

Bate Active Member

Dear Tommyc03 and BooksB4Coins thanks alot for your answer. Yes I do use USB microscope. I did look around but again I am so newbie so It is hard to me to recognize which is which. They said DD should increase the size of device but these ones is look normal to me and they said notches and spreading is side of DD. So, LOL, i do not know which way I got to go. I am in process of learning this hobby. Thanks again for your kindness

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

@Bate You did well, in my opinion, using a scope for these pics. Most use too high a power and pics become distorted. I wish I could tell you more about this one but most of my focus has been from 1992-date. I have saved all my 1983's but have yet to come across any I would need to pursue. If someone here cannot identify this one, then keep pursuing it on www.doubleddie.com. He ( John Wexler ) does not charge all that much to ID coins plus shipping back to you. $3.00 for one side or $5.00 for both sides. It's a whole lot cheaper than a TPG. Especially considering it's circulated. But it does have promise.

7. BooksB4Coins

I asked about the USB scope because they're known to cause the appearance of doubling (particularly notching) where none is actually present and is likely caused by glare.

At this point I would suggest spending some time on Wexler's, CONECA, and/or CopperCoins comparing yours to the listed known varieties as mentioned above, paying close attention to any that appear to match yours, and then sharing your findings with the board. This way you would be giving us something more to work with while helping yourself become more familiar with such coins. Even if this one turned out to be nothing, you will benefit from the exercise. :)

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. Bate

Bate Active Member

Thanks a lot BooksB4Coins and tommyc03 I will do that. :happy::happy:

9. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

What's the designers signature look like on the reverse .

10. Bate

Bate Active Member

Mr. Rick Stachowski i will post it later. I remember it look normal.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  11. BooksB4Coins

Signature?? ;)

Rick Stachowski likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted