1983 Lincoln how to tell if its the profitable one

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by frap123, May 2, 2015.

1. frap123

frap123 Member

Hello there I've been looking through every type of change I had all night and have found more and more errors as I got tired lol first off. Also on the left above Liberty there is a stamp from a partial date from different coin

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Plating blisters. Common.

swamp yankee and frap123 like this.
  4. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I agree with Rick...

Is this the same coin that you posted a couple days ago?

5. frap123

frap123 Member

Sorry guys I didn't think it went through I had my 3 yr daughter come grab my tablet to play game and did notice the screen loading but thought I closed it in time

coinman1234 likes this.
  6. frap123

frap123 Member

Actually I did repost this and this is in regards to a posting I saw about there is a Copper coin out there when the metal was to change the first posting is about the stamped date

7. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

How do you tell if it's the profitable one? Well, first you define "profitable". Then you do a little research, learn to properly identify the varieties, and then take another look. When all is said and done, and with all things considered, searching through coins in the hopes of locating valuable varieties is probably one of the least profitable things one can do with their time, so is best to do it only for enjoyment purposes, and this is where knowing what you're doing can make all the difference.

8. frap123

frap123 Member

Attached Files:

9. BooksB4Coins

Your coin is most certainly the proper copper coat zinc used for the date. The plating issues/apparent rot suggest as much, but as was shown in your linked article, weighing would answer your question.

frap123 likes this.
  10. Jglake

Jglake YN

but how do you tell?

11. BooksB4Coins

Weight would be a good start...

frap123 likes this.
  12. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

Zinc 2.5 grams and the copper one is 3.1 grams the copper one is the desirable one.

frap123 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted