1983 Double die Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Derick, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AlexMoore

AlexMoore Active Member

Hrm That price seems a bit high then again that garde of year variety has sold for around that in the past. But in general if you are going to collect high grade later lincoln cents it shouldn't be nearly that much for each coin. But if you are gonna collect varieties in those high grades definitely expect it to be a hopefully fun challenge.

4. TypicalCreepahx

TypicalCreepahx Hello There! ( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

Are you planning on buying all your coins in that grade?

5. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

so that's what a 1983 ddr looks like...
    got to check my cents again....

6. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I do try to buy my coins in best grade where possible. Given the case of this Lincoln series (not proofs), it seems quite possible. From what I have seen, the 1983 DDR seems scarce in this grade. I seems like a good start, most difficult and expensive first. I just wanted to confirm the price not being stupidly high.

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

The price on that coin is a bit "optimistic"! I'd pass and wait for one of the other 41 to come up for auction.

8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Follow the ebay link and look at e pluribus Unum. The price is a little steep in my opinion - there are several up for auction on heritage right now in lower grades. Check heritage out for some pricing ranges.

9. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I will thank you. I think it is important to stay at MS65 or better for this coin.

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

For a 67, $1700 to $2300 is the going price.

11. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

12. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Note:
    It is doubleD die

Draft saved Draft deleted