1983 DDO???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by ob3rst1337, Aug 28, 2018.

1. ob3rst1337

ob3rst1337 Active Member

What do you guys think is this a 1983 DDO? One cent on back looks doubling to me

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

First, and with all due respect: you may want to familiarize yourself with proper terminology.

That said, I cannot see anything noteworthy.

4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

From the one photo of the obverse I cannot see anything that resembles a DDO. You would need to crop the different parts of the letters and numerals and then enlarge them good enough to see without distortion.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

So, you think it might be a DDR (Doubled Die Reverse), not a DDO (Doubled Die Obverse). Looks like MD (Machine Doubling) to me...no numismatic value.

6. ob3rst1337

ob3rst1337 Active Member

thanks for response....te

thanks for response..okay what do you use to crop

7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

PhotoScape...free and pretty good.

8. BooksB4Coins

It might be helpful if the OP was to clarify exactly what he's using for his photos.

9. ob3rst1337

ob3rst1337 Active Member

thanks for all your help i appreciate it...real quick what is up with this 2 is it doubled?

Attached Files:

10. BooksB4Coins

Check out the link below and see what you come up with. Let us know and take it from there. I suggest this not to be rude, but only because you'll take much more away from the experience this way than you ever would from one of us just blurting out the answer.

http://doubleddie.com/144801.html

tommyc03 and ob3rst1337 like this.
  11. ob3rst1337

ob3rst1337 Active Member

wow thank you this is exactly what i have been looking for if i could give you more then a like i would

12. BooksB4Coins

Cash works. ;) I kid, I kid....

While there are others as well, it's really a great site so please do spend some quality time exploring it, not focusing only on the issue at hand. You'll also find a detailed listing of most varieties known to Mr. Wexler (it's not yet complete) and can be a great help when trying to determine if you've found anything noteworthy.

Also, I very much appreciate you taking my suggestion as intended. Unfortunately we see lots of folks who would have been offended.

A belated welcome to the forum. :)

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Ozzman

Ozzman Active Member

I believe what you are encountering is "parallax". It makes you see like its doubled because of the angle your eye is looking at it compared to a dead straight on look. A ton of coins "appear" to be doubled, but they aren't due to shine, finish, parallax view, MD, etc. Hope this helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted