1983 DDO! (I think?)

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by CaptainMac, Feb 7, 2020.

1. CaptainMac

CaptainMac Gotta Love Those Errors and Varieties!

Hey guys,

I was going through a penny box and came across this 1983 Lincoln Cent with what I think is displaying some actual doubling in "In God We Trust." Not all of it but mostly in "GOD" and "WE." I am just confirming or denying on here since I am 99% sure this is true doubling, but I have been wrong in the past. Closely resembles http://www.varietyvista.com/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/1983PDDO003.htm from what I can tell. Sorry if pictures are somewhat blurry in certain areas.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    dchjr and alurid like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Looks good!

CaptainMac likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

With only 2 pictures to go off and no die markers shown, I think you're on the right track.

CaptainMac likes this.
  5. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

CaptainMac likes this.
  6. Strike Vader

Strike Vader Member

Good find. The W shows really well in photo #2. I didn't know 1983 had a DDO, I always looked for the DDR.

7. CaptainMac

Thanks! While I was reading about this error, I read that most collectors are unaware of the DDO varieties on this coin, since everyone mainly focuses on the reverse, for obvious reason haha. One more thing to add to the list of coins to look for!

8. CaptainMac

Thanks for the confirmation! I mainly only posted these two since it was strongest here. There is doubling in other areas but it is not as apparent, like the B in "LIBERTY" or "TR" in "TRUST."

Kevin Mader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted