1983 D cent 2.7grams

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Aug 5, 2015.

1. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

It's a circulated 1983 D one cent. A little heavy, but within tolerance. Maybe your scale needs calibration?
    Any other questions?

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Does anyone else think we should do away with the cent?

Chris

swamp yankee, Kentucky and harris498 like this.
  6. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I did calibrate my scale i put a nickel 5.0 then a copper cent 1977 3.1 then a 1993 cent 2.5 grams. Thanks
    Yes i do have another ? Are there any other 2.7 grams 1983 cents that have been descoverd or talked about?

7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I don't think we should do away with it, just put a new design on the reverse . I can't stand that shield ....

Mernskeeter likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's a penny!

I would not like to follow Canada and eliminate the cent. They're so much fun.

Mernskeeter likes this.
  9. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

How about get rid of all of it, ahhh!:wideyed:

10. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

I wonder if maybe we should get rid of the bad policies making the cent obsolete, instead.

11. MES S BUTLER

MES S BUTLER New Member

Pennies are a good start for kids in collecting No

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I went to the store the other day. There were about 100 cents laying there in the next parking space. I probably looked silly but I picked them up. I was worried that a car would run me over.
    A year ago I was picking up nails in a parking lot and my son yelled at me to get up. A guy in a truck just missed me and backed into my truck. I should know better.

13. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I hope they don't get rid of pennies. I want to make the penny /copper hoarders PAY...!

14. Jacnum7

Jacnum7 Active Member

You would have something if it was 3.0 or 3.1g.

91stang2 likes this.
  15. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

16. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

If they stopped making cents it could bring a bunch of new people to coin collecting, just like what happened when the large cents were replaced with small cents.

17. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

I was walking across the post office parking lot to get my mail in Bellingham Wa. and was backed into by a van(driver never used mirrors?) knocked me on my butt -I lived....

18. cpm9ball

So what! The people who threw them out were centsless.

For the record, I pick them up, too, but I still wish Congress would do away with them.

Chris

Mernskeeter likes this.
  19. cpm9ball

Don't worry! They'll be paying in due time when they discover that those copper cents aren't worth anywhere near as much as Grade A copper.

Chris

tomfiggy likes this.
  20. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

What is it? A slightly overweight and out of tolerance copper plated zinc cent. At .1 grams out of tolerance, probably not of significant value.

21. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I wish i had a steel copper plated 1983 D cent......maybe it could be that my magnet dose not work i will try another one.....:jawdrop:

Draft saved Draft deleted