1982D penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lwinders, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I guess you'll have to show a photo of it on a scale.
    The odds are 10 billion to 1 you have what you claim. Good luck.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Weighed same coin in other thread claims 3.1
    Need photo of it on scale. I like being trolled though.

4. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

Prove it.

The odds are VERY slim that your coin weighs 3.1g. We need a picture of the coin on a scale.

5. Lwinders

Lwinders New Member

6. Lwinders

Lwinders New Member

Not staling trying to find my triple beam scale to be positive on the weight I applagize for the delay should of been more prepared but it is a mate for the lone unicorn

7. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

If you can't find your scale, then how did you determine it determine it weighed 3.1 grams when you posted yesterday?

8. Lwinders

Lwinders New Member

9. Lwinders

Lwinders New Member

I understand the scepticism the batteries in my digital are bad in the middle of moving haven’t unpacked that box so I suppose I should get out there and find it originally weighed it on the triple beam I know what it weighs 3.1g and for sake of the lone unicorn I’ll be back with a picture of it on a scale and ...?

10. Lwinders

Lwinders New Member

While I’m doing that maybe someone can tell me what I should do with it being it is what it is?

11. Lwinders

Lwinders New Member

12. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

You haven’t proven it is what you claim it is yet. If you show that it actually weighs 3.1 grams, THEN you will get advice on what to do with it.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s zinc and worth no more than 1 cent.

13. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

If you're convinced that you have the second example out of 6 billion minted, then pony up your $50+ and send it to PCGS or NGC. Why be cheap and screw around with a bunch of skeptical yahoos on a forum that averages a couple posts/week claiming to have the same coin. Their websites will give you all the information you need on how to submit it through an authorized dealer

14. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

What you should do is not bother with this nonsense and instead make your case. Locate your scale or take it to a jeweler. If it turns out to be other than you hope, come back and admit it. If it is, come back and demand others eat crow. The chances of the latter are exceedingly small, but the greater point is that you're learning from the experience of taking the proper approach. Good luck.

15. Michael K

Try a digital scale. Triple beam is not that great deciding between 2.5 and 3 grams.

16. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

It's not what you think it is.
    edited

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted