1982 small date ??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Nick Chiappetta, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Can someone please tell me if any of these (which all weigh 3.11 grams)
    Have a small date. Having a hard time distinguishing the difference between the large and small I know what it is supposed to look like but like I said having trouble. Thanks to all. I've d

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Double Die

Double Die I know just enough to be dangerous

All straight necks, no curves which means all large date. I did see a couple with MAD and one that looks to have possible woodie tendencies though.

Nick Chiappetta likes this.
  4. Thank you very much ! This one Is my favorite for sure. Out of curiosity what does MAD and woodie tendencies mean. Sorry if I sound uneducated on this

Attached Files:

5. Double Die

MAD=mis-aligned die (shifted a little during strike) and a woodie/woody is jargon for improper alloy mix giving copper coins a wood grain appearance. Your favorite is one of the MAD ones.

6. Thank you for your input and knowledge. I know veteran coin collectors do not want to give lessons to every person that posts something. Again..thank you

I have a few of the ones that have woodie tendencies, is something like that worth being graded ? Or a MAD coin is it worth being graded or no ?

7. Double Die

MAD not so much unless it's an extremely fine example and only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Woodies can and do grade but condition is everything. A better market for them, especially high end and desirable dates but still basically worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Post them (full cropped images front & back) and you will get your answer if it's worth it or not from many knowledgeable people on here.

8. Thank you very much !!

9. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

11. What's up $avercrazy

12. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

yep that's me , like the site?

13. Yes I enjoy the site almost as much as going through my old coins lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted