1982 small date copper

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Todd walker, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Todd walker

Todd walker Member

Hello my friends here at coin talk. I hope everyone here is doing great. I just wanted to show you all this 1982 small date copper penny. Can someone here tell me if this coin has any value other than face or copper wght. I Kno it's not the D cent. The letters on it kinda looks blurry to me. Thank you all. IMG_20190728_074442.jpg IMG_20190728_074338.jpg IMG_20190728_074322.jpg IMG_20190728_074442.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

What they said or one cent.

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Try to crop your photos so only the coin shows. Based on you photos, nothing special other than it being old and well circulated. Worth 1¢.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Copper weight is worth 1/2 cent. You are better off at face value.
    Don't believe the lies that say there is almost 2 cents worth of copper in there. If you were allowed to melt pennies for copper, copper would have to be at $6 a pound to just break even. It has never been much higher than $4 a pound and is currently, $2.70.
    The price for copper is Grade A copper. A penny is an alloy, since it is not Grade A and must be refined, you receive 25% of the spot price.
    People saving tubs of copper cents are going to lose money. They'll end up putting it in the Coin Star minus 11% surcharge because there will be no other way to cash that many in.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted