1982 penny missing other side?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by KrisG80, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Good morning Kris. Hope to see more of your coins. It’s what we love so don’t be surprised if we get a little passionate. Welcome to Coin Talk.

KrisG80 and lordmarcovan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Woohoo, I'm not the only one.
    Always wondered why people put those heaven sent grounds into water? I mean hell, it's like one of the greatest aromas on the planet, but tastes nothing like it smells!

TexAg likes this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This world would fall apart without coffee.:D

Kentucky, micbraun, KrisG80 and 2 others like this.
  5. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

+1
    Smells great, but....
    I never had coffee until I graduated from college and went to work in Lafayette, LA working in the oil patch. My mentor came by to get me every couple of hours for a cup of Community Club coffee and to shoot the breeze around the coffee bar. This coffee was affectionately referred to as Coona$$ coffee by all the Cajuns who drank it like water. The Folgers was disparagingly referred to as Texa$$ coffee, a direct jab at us Texans, lol. After about a month of mainlining this strong brew, I woke up one Sunday morning with a splitting headache. The wife and I did not drink coffee at our apartment, we didn't even have a coffee maker. I took 2 aspirin, no relief. Later that day I drank a Coke and my headache immediately went away. That's when it dawned on me that I was dependent on the caffeine in the CC coffee, and I weaned myself off of it over a few weeks. I've not had another cup of coffee since. I still drink a Coke Zero (to watch my weight, lol) each day, but I have to keep the caffeine to a minimum.

masterswimmer and paddyman98 like this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I've been caffeine free one year on July 18th but I also put on 15 pounds since then. But Lord M's Earl Grey iced surely is tempting. Also the favorite of Jean Luc Picard.

masterswimmer likes this.
  7. masterswimmer

Good that you beat the addiction.

I never drank coffee until my senior year in undergraduate school. Thanksgiving break and I still hadn't completed my senior thesis. Due the day we returned from break meant I needed to pull some all nighters. After the second all nighter I was losing steam, fast. I'd heard all these miraculous stories about the fabled coffee bean being the magic elixir for sleep deprivation. I decided to give it a shot.

Not knowing anything about making coffee I did my best to brew a pot. Ok, the thing to note here is my reference to brewing a POT of java. I'd never had so much as a cup of coffee in my life. I drank that entire pot solo. Six cups of coffee later and I was firing on all cylinders.

I finished my thesis that night. The part of this story that turns success into unabated fear was the time after I completed my thesis. I wanted to crash, bad. Three successive all nighters and it was time to get some much needed shut eye.

I laid in bed, on my back, eyes open as big as silver dollars, with my heart pumping about 700 mph. I thought for sure, at 20 y/o I was going to have a heart attack. My heart felt like it was going to explode in my chest. I'd never felt that way before and vowed I'd never feel that way again.

That was the first and last cup/pot of coffee to ever pass these lips.

Oh yeah, in case any of you were wondering, I did survive that fateful morning ;) and that was 40 years ago.

8. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Hi @KrisG80, I've been going through inherited coins for a few years trying to figure out what I actually have. Did you have mainly US or World coins or a bit of both?
    This is a great site for info, advice and links to other references which collectors here share regularly. All questions are welcome because other novices, like me, are learning from your question. So please ask as you go. :)

KrisG80 likes this.
  9. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

I love a good cup of coffee, I drink it all day, addiction, possibly, but it sure beats the 25 years spent waking up to a beer, and escalating the intake throughout the day. at least, coffee does not seem to ruin my relationship with my family, my dreams, financial aspects, health as much. so my obsessive compulsive, addictive personality has changed to hording and spending time with coinage. I certainly have many flaws, but im not a drunk anymore. thank god, that addiction is one, nobody understands, including the one suffering. still many people will not forgive the person I was and the damage I caused many people. the hardest part is forgiving myself, anyhow its a good day today!! im sober.

10. masterswimmer

Great attitude. Stay strong! Vent here if you have to. I'll listen!

Autoturf likes this.
  11. KrisG80

KrisG80 New Member

Awesome !! Thanks! I have a bit of both

Trish likes this.
  12. KrisG80

KrisG80 New Member

Lol thank you. It takes a lot to scare me away and I really mean a lot lol especially if I have my mind set on something and omg my kids are the same way lol

13. Coin buyer

Coin buyer Member

It does appear that the subject first asked about became lost in the aroma of coffee somehow?
    However, as not to be a hypocrite, I do fully enjoy viewing my coins on occasion while sipping on a nice hot cup of coffee. Especially during the (COLD) Minnesota winter days, Lol
    I for one feel that as long as everyone that comes here is because they are interested in coins etc. in one fashion or another, that none of us, absolutely no one, has anything over or more of any other individual. I’d like to think we all are or all could be friends!

KrisG80 likes this.
  14. KrisG80

KrisG80 New Member

Wow! That's really awesome that you overcame the alcohol addiction not very many people do and actually stay that way, but I can relate I also used to be a really horrible alcoholic, I've went through a very terrible time the state even took my children away due to some trouble I had gotten into and had a prison sentence of 2 years for escape but I got my life together and fought the state of Alabama for 3 1/2 years and finally won and got my babies back. That was over 11 years ago and the place and state of mind I was in when I was an alcoholic is a place I never ever want to be in again. So congrats to you its really rough to go through but hey our life experiences are part of what makes us who we are right

Autoturf likes this.
  15. KrisG80

KrisG80 New Member

Yes, I agree and feel that it should be that way

16. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

Into Trek trivia we are? :cool:

17. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

The only time I drank coffee was when I went to pick up the engagement ring 43 years ago. And the only reason I had that drink then was because I had stopped at a bar first and had a sangria on an empty stomach. Also the first time I ever got even a little drunk!

18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Lifelong Trekkie or at least since the first series started. "Live Long & Prosper".

LakeEffect likes this.
  19. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

I have a bit of both also. A few online references I got from here that I like are:
    General info: https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts or www.ngccoin.com (under resources in NGC they have the US price guide and world coin price guide-better than buying a book)
    For error info: http://www.error-ref.com/
    and die varieties: http://www.doubleddie.com/1801.html
    and VAMworld for varieties of morgans and peace dollars: http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/wiki/Home
    and photojoiner when you want to display both sides next to each other for your post: www.photojoiner.net
    Enjoy! :)

KrisG80 likes this.
  20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Kris, quick question, will a dime fit inside of the area that has been cut out? If so, it is a magician's trick coin. Also is the cent magnetic? The one I've had since childhood is and the trick is to turn a cent into a dime before your very eyes.

21. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

But he drinks it hot, as it is supposed to be. :)

"Computer, Tea, Earl Grey, Hot."

Trish, LakeEffect and tommyc03 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted