1982 Penny Identification

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Brock1982, May 28, 2020.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Ok. Clearly you just want to stir the pot. I don’t know why I’m even trying. So I’m just gonna stop.

I will help and answer questions when I can (I would have here but it was already done when I got here)...and you can continue to pick on new members as you see fit.

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

FYI
    There have been 185 posts about the 1982 small & large dates since March, 2019. That is just about one every other day. Isn't that enough or would you like to go back a few more years?

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

What is it that make you think you are in charge of deciding what does and does not have numismatic value to other members of this forum?

What is it that lets you think someone that joined the forum two days ago even knows that there might be other posts about the 1982 LMC SM/LG date question?

I think he is figuring it out the best way he knows how, I applaud him for posting a question, and sticking his neck out and showing others that there is something that he is having a hard time with.
    He surly does not need anyone taking advantage of the situation and trying to belittle his effort to learn.

This is just a down-right personal attack and bullying. All be it shoved in the back door. That is how I see it from my side of the screen. This is my opinion.

5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Yet another "Best Answer". My hero - swoon!

6. CamaroDMD

@Brock1982, here is an easy way to tell them apart. The "2" is quite curved on the small date coins but straight on the large date coins. Overall, the large date looks "fatter" but the 2 is a quick way to tell.

[​IMG]

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Simple-minded are they who are so gullible that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  8. Brock1982

Brock1982 New Member

Thanks for all your help guys for those that did I’m 20 years old so to all those people who say I’m a waist of time and need to stop looking I wonder why younger people don’t join your community as well. Just like you pointed out “think on that”. They all looked the same to me and sure enough they were all large date. So of course I was confused for just starting

9. CamaroDMD

Don't let them get to you. There are rude people in every hobby and every website. Here, most folks are nice and love to share this hobby. Hopefully you stick around and continue to learn. I'm happy to help in anyway I can.

You will get to the point where seeing the difference in date size is like reflex. Heck, you will even get to the point where you can tell if it's a copper cent or a zinc set just by the feel...no scale needed.

Brock1982 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted