1982 p small date bronze cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by DrSwiss, Oct 9, 2019.

1. DrSwiss

DrSwiss New Member

I had a roll of pennies that are all what appear to be great condition 1982 p small date bronze pennies. I got the roll in an auction 6 years ago and never thought that it could be worth much. Some of the pennies seem to be on par in condition to what images i could see of PCGS rated 67+ of the same coin. I have some pics, but I can take more if anyone wants more examples. I was wondering if these are worth looking into getting rated etc. 20191009_015629 (2).jpg 20191009_015710.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

It is unlikely that any in the roll would be worth getting graded, but separate pictures of each individual coin would be needed for anyone to give an opinion. The one pictured for example definitely would not be worth it, too many spots, marks and dings. Value would be a few cents at best.

Stevearino likes this.
  4. DrSwiss

DrSwiss New Member

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. I did have another particular one that seems to stand out. that Ill post pics of.

5. DrSwiss

DrSwiss New Member

6. DrSwiss

DrSwiss New Member

Note that this one has a small raised ridge near the collar.From a damaged press? I'm not sure of the terminology.

7. DrSwiss

DrSwiss New Member

This is the reverse. It has a very pronounced raised ridge between the 'R' and 'I' in America. There is some odd spot thing on the back, but i have not tried seeing if it might be a defect or just a piece of junk on it.

Attached Files:

8. Kaye

Kaye Active Member

I also have a 1982 P small date, though noticably circulated. It has a die crack in the same place as the "ridge" in your photo. Could yours be a die crack? 20190925_174038.jpg

9. DrSwiss

DrSwiss New Member

I would say you are right. That looks just like what my penny has. I am not too good at the terminology for coins.

10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's just slight Misaligned Die Strike. Nothing major.

Draft saved Draft deleted