1982-P Lincoln Die Crack and odd FG

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by SF11Dude, Dec 2, 2017.

1. SF11Dude

SF11Dude Active Member

Same roll has 4 things going on, MAD, MD, Die Crack upper left of Memorial thru the "I" in UNITED and lower right Memorial die crack and odd look "FG". Thoughts?
    1982-P FG off Die Crack.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Wow.. That is an Odd looking FG
    Interesting
    Maybe it's in script writing :woot:

SF11Dude likes this.
  4. SF11Dude

SF11Dude Active Member

I have several of these, they seem to coincide with the lower right die crack which varies in length. Is it odd for a BU roll to have 4 distinct varieties/oddities?

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Not sure on this but don't want to dump it in the Die deterioration bucket just yet. There looks like there may light polish lines around the area, in addition to the die crack. The lines don't look like the linear plating blisters found on a lot of early zincs (The OP didn't say if this was copper or zinc)

Putting together a few puzzle pieces, I'm guessing the rev die may have clashed, and was polished, which washed out the initials. I'm open to better explanations, but this may be a place to start.

Stretching a bit; could the initials be mostly polished away and what we're seeing is a die chip or 2, particularly the F? It is close to the die cracks.

In any case, it probably doesn't add any value, but it's different

SF11Dude likes this.
  6. SF11Dude

SF11Dude Active Member

Thanks Oldhoopster, these look like zinc with the orange peel surface look, thin surface showing thru bag scratches but I weighed these and all were 3.1g which surprised me.

7. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

8. SF11Dude

SF11Dude Active Member

9. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Did you check to see if your coin matches that DDR ?

Draft saved Draft deleted