1982 Lincoln DDO

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Ernesto Pulido, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Ernesto Pulido

Ernesto Pulido Active Member

I think I got something

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

We have always asked that full size photos of both the obverse and reverse be attached to the thread for a reason. Yes, the date can be the best representative in your eyes of the doubling. Yet, there are plenty of other identifiers on the coin that tell us if it follows the same class.
    And no doubt tell us if it is a DD.

4. Ernesto Pulido

Here's full pics.:)

Attached Files:

Amanda Voss likes this.
  5. Ernesto Pulido

I just did, let me know if I need better close ups.thank u

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

The date looks damaged. and by judging the rest of the coin, some metal has been pushed around.
    Do you have any online references, books? They can certainly be a big help, when you are trying to match a coin to a known Doubled Die.

Ernesto Pulido and David Wiles like this.
  7. David Wiles

David Wiles New Member

Agree totally. Yes getting online references is essential in identifying all errors and varieties. Keep on trying, but also research......Dave

Ernesto Pulido likes this.
  8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Does it match anything on:

www.varietyvista.com
    www.doubleddie.com

Bookmark these. The good thing about using these sites is you will see lots of real doubled dies. The more you see and study, the easier it will be to spot real ones and ignore the MD and DDD.

9. Amanda Voss

Amanda Voss New Member

Well if you have something that means I have something I will send some pics of mine also

Ernesto Pulido likes this.
  10. Ernesto Pulido

Bvn
    Please do

Amanda Voss likes this.
  11. Ernesto Pulido

This is my best guess, I'm still trying...
    But I think I matched it up with this one
    1982 DDO-003, 3-O-VI
    Or I'm trying to hard...lol

Amanda Voss likes this.
  12. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

In sorry, but it is nearly impossible to confirm based on your pics. That's not a slam on you, it's just very difficult to take high mag pics to show the detail. Go back and check variety Vista and make sure it matches ALL of the markers listed, Inc the rev die polish scratches. Your coin appears to have a some hits and other damage, which can make ID harder. Also did you confirm if your coin was zinc or copper? 1982 was a transitional year, and the VV number you listed is for copper large dates.

When searching for doubled dies, you need to be OBJECTIVE. All of the markets must match exactly. Not some, not close, not maybe. ALL, EXACTLY.

Another thing is that there really isn't a lot of interest in micro doubled dies. They are hard to see without a good microscope, the are hard to photograph unless you're have the talent and equipment, and unless they are listed in the cherry pickers guide, have very little value.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to point out some realities. Nothing wrong with searching for these, micro DDs, there are a couple members on here who are pretty good at it. Just know that you may have to develop a lot of the expertise on your own

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  13. Ernesto Pulido

Thank u...I appreciate ur honesty....
    I like criticism... it wont fold me or put me down.... if anything helps me alot more.

Amanda Voss likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted