1982 LD d Cent DD

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RachelRuth, Apr 25, 2018.

1. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

Now, as I always say (yeah I'm pretty much a repeater... ) I'm fairly certain this one's a DD coin (even though it doesn't look any different than several I've already posted) But with these pictures I think it's much easier to see what it is that I've been seeing in many of my most recent posts. These pictures were taken with a picture box I've been working on and is not quite perfected by all means. This is the first coin I photographed in it.

I think it's kinda cool how Lincoln actually looks like an Angel in it though. That's mostly why I decided to post this coin. Whatcha all think with how the pictures look though? Doesn't he look like an ? I love the color of the coin in the pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing Doubled Die I like your pics other then the lighting is distorting the pics on the obverse, and so that may be why I'm not seeing what you are. JMO
    Dave

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Nope not a DD. Did you check it against any resources first?
    Pictures are good though :)

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Stevearino likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

When I enlarged your photograph, I could see what you think is a DD, but IMO it appears to be MD, Mechanical Doubling.

8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Holy moley your so right. An angel coin

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  9. RickO

RickO Active Member

Definitely not a DD....

10. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

I see the angel and that's pretty cool. Thanks y'all for the input.

So, this light I have in my little contraption that I'm working on has 3 different settings of lighting. I'll try the other two settings and see how they go. I also need to get some grey cards because I think that will help me with my focusing tbch. I really just thought that the angel looked pretty neat.

As always thanks everyone for your input, be it what I wanted or didn't want to hear I would much rather have a truthful opinion that says I'm completely wrong than a lie telling me what I want to hear.

Rae

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    John Skelton and furryfrog02 like this.
  11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Glad to see someone with a positive attitude here! Guarantee we will be cheering for you when you finally do find something good :)

12. RachelRuth

RachelRuth Active Member

These pictures any better?

I've had one bad day here since joining but a lot of that day had more to do with being pissed at home than here. You can't change the truth ya know? So it's pointless to fight it, because all it will do is destroy you, exhaust you and cause you to be more hateful to people you don't even truly know.

Also meant to ask what y'all think us going on with this one's MM? Just PMD correct?

Rae

Attached Files:

John Skelton likes this.
  13. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

A very well circulated coin, but considering its age at least it has survived. Lol
    Dave

Draft saved Draft deleted