1982 d small zinc

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Isaiah Hicks, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

DDD appears differently on copper plated Zinc Cents than it does on copper Cents.

Everything you've posted is DDD or MD and they are the two most popular forms of NAV. Split Plate Doubling is the third. The one coin that is missing the last digit in the date is an error. It's very common and it's called a greaser. That can appear anywhere on the coin on either side. It's caused by having grease or debris on the Die. It causes part of the coin to be missing, it happens a lot.

ldhair likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

Sorry, but those people on YouTube are idiots. The only good stuff there are the videos showing the minting process.

4. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Keep looking and you will eventually find a doubled die. These guys are experts and sometimes it baffling because you think you have it. Study and learn. I have not found one either.

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Isaiah, you are trying too hard without educating yourself on the different types of doubled dies and errors. Do more reading and research, but forget Youtube, to learn about it. This is a good site to help.
    http://www.doubleddie.com/144801.html

Oldhoopster and Spark1951 like this.
  6. Isaiah Hicks

Isaiah Hicks Member

Best answer I’ve heard yet thank you very much can you give me an opinion on these 2

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted